The Annual "Show us Your Booty" from BF Thread!

cclarry

The only thing I bought (so far) was Mixchecker Pro from Best Service for 42.70 or something like that.

Not like it's gonna help make mixes crank on an android but I couldn't help it.

I have twitchy fingers over seventh heaven for about the same money but for whatever reason have not pulled the trigger.

2 hours ago, e-cue said:

Everything I didn't own from UAD, minus a few amp sims.  

My UAD don't own list is down to 50 items:

14 items that I don't really need but would like to have one day.
24 items are already owned by other vendors (IKM, PluginAlliance, Softube, Eventide & Sonnox)
That leaves 12 LUNA based items I'll def never need. I don't intend to go to LUNA on my Mac.

• Like 1

Very light for me too

Multiphonics CV-1 for $34

4 EZ Keys libraries for $10

Also both of the Studio Sessions banks for REmatrix,  

I was planning on getting the Bitwig 4 upgrade but after JRR shop is not applying coupons to that one, I need to decide which other retailer selling that has the best goodies.

• Shimmer Shake Strike
  • Liquidsonics total bundle and then both the ReverbFoundry reverbs
  • XILS Oxium
  • TC Icon Series
  • Ugritone Cab IR bundle, a couple of midi packs, and their Drums plugin
  • Fat Lazy Cabs IR pack
  • TrueFire 1 year sub
  • Groove3 1 year sub

At that point I thought I was done. But OH NO! Cyber Monday!!!

• Audiority Solidus VS8100
  • Mercuriall SS-11X
  • AuroraDSP Rhino and Mammoth bundle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'm contemplating upgrading my Embertone Walker 1955 Grand Piano from the lite version to the full version. If anyone has it and wants to give their thoughts Im all ears -- well metaphorically (literally eyes, but that doesn't sound as good). 

I thought about doing that too, but held off. It seems like a good 'deal' for $50, but that same $50 would get you Simple Sam's Signature Grand (also a Steinway D) if you don't have it, and the presets on that are really, really good. Plus, it only takes a fraction of the drive space.

I know Fleer is a big fan of the Walker, but I've never bonded with the lite version - and it doesn't even run well on my machine (which handles VSL/Garritan/Bechstein libraries etc without a hitch).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

I thought about doing that too, but held off. It seems like a good 'deal' for $50, but that same $50 would get you Simple Sam's Signature Grand (also a Steinway D) if you don't have it, and the presets on that are really, really good. Plus, it only takes a fraction of the drive space.

I know Fleer is a big fan of the Walker, but I've never bonded with the lite version - and it doesn't even run well on my machine (which handles VSL/Garritan/Bechstein libraries etc without a hitch).

I could never get the lite version installed properly with their update, so I really haven't got to enjoy the lite library. I don't know why they don't simply offer customers a single download for the entire library since they made the patch a long time ago. But what really has caught my attention is YouTuber Corey Pelizarri's review.  BTW, Embertone gives you a discount equivalent to whatever price you paid for lite when you upgrade to the full version. But like anything, these instruments are incredibly subjective. But it is Corey's review and hearing the piano as he played and went through features that really made me love the sound of this piano -- and 50 bucks is a great deal for the quality. Simple Sam's Grand  did sound nice, but preferred this one and it has una corda samples and different mics too.

Note, Corey stands in stark contrast to your typical YouTube sample reviewers after freebies and kickbacks from developers and tending to shill and not be honestly critical. Corey can be brutally critical and constantly has insights that any quality dev can learn from.  He isn't a affiliate marketer (really, an online salesperson for the libraries) like most YouTubers reviewing sample libraries and plugins which is great, because he's not selling the products he's reviewing. He is my absolute favorite YouTuber who reviews sample libraries and plugins. 

UPDATE: I was confusing the Simple Sam library with another dev's piano library. I never heard that Simple Sam piano library before and love it. Thanks alot, @Craig Fowler! I went from convincing myself to get the Embertone piano to being completely split. Wow, I love both of these pianos. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

My spending during Thanksgiving-Black Friday-Cyber Monday

Deals

• Riffendium
  • Softube Modular + Model 72
  • Magix Independence
  • SSL Flexverb
  • Harrison 32C-VIP
  • Synthmaster One expansions

Second chances for the "I regret I didn't get this earlier when it was on sale"

• Realivox Blue
  • F.'em
  • Deep Remix
  • Sonible Smart:comp
  • Sound Particles Panner Collection

Upgrades/crossgrades

• Arturia Fx collection 2
  • Ayaicware ProMix
  • Cherry Audio Synth Stack
  • Beatmaker idol & odd-time library

Regular sales & Bargain Bin

• Metric A/B
  • Elysia nvelope
  • Producer Loops Bundle (Fanatical)
  • Harmonal binaurics
  • Elkatwin 61
  • JRR Sounds - Many inexpensive soundsets

Patreon & coffee for supporting favorite creators & artists

• Cclarry
  • The Daily Doug
  • White Sea Studios
  • Andrei Cerbu & Beatrice Florea

Many Freebies :)

My DD is starting college next year and I indulged a little, anticipating a coming drought. With the IK GB, all of the above, and a couple of deals that I reserved for Christmas, I should have plenty, even if the "fun money" budget goes to zero in 2022.

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Craig Fowler said:

Never tried the lite version but I do (still) love the full shebang. 

• Like 1

It's a little hard to "define" when BF started because it felt like it started with the IK Group Buy.  THAT felt like BF/Xmas all rolled into one! :)

• KiloHearts Convolver
  • KiloHearts TranceGate
  • TDR Mastering EQ
  • TDR Molot GE
  • Kuassa Tremolo
  • Kuassa Overdrive
  • FREEBIES: United Plugins Autoformer, Blue Tubes Oilcan Echo, Audiority Polycomp, UVI Digital Synsations, Heaviocity Punish Lite

...Thinking hard on the upgrade to KH Ultimate! 🤔

• Like 1

No one--including me tbh--cares about what plugins I bought, but I got a great deal on a thick NY strip steak which I brought home and made the perfect medium rare steak. I seasoned it perfectly, too, since I finally put down the pre-made steak seasonings and just went w/ course kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. I got the perfect sear and it was the best steak I've made. I also finally found the perfect percale queen flat sheet after trying several very expensive flat sheets that were not up to my standard but should have been at over $100 for a sheet. Percale is hard to come by as everything is sateen these days, but Amazon's own house brand hooked up a great queen percale sheet for $23. And I got a food saver, a nice one but you shoulda seen that steak. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Not too much money to spent and kinda already have everything, so it was very low profile - and the sale that I was waiting for didn't happened (Obsession)

• SSL Flexverb (totally FOMO I guess)
  • Plogue OPS-7
  • TDR Molot GE
  • Legends soundbank for Arturia OB-Xa V
Edited by Walter Cruz

Shimmer Shake Strike

XLN Mallets

XLN XO

Melodyne upgraded from Studio 4 to 5

Scaler 2.5

And this from Thomann, But it won't arrive for 6 weeks

image.png.2274d0238fc798415293ad500f8c7f67.png

I also ordered these, but they weren't in the sales, just on my wish list for the year

image.png.0aa2118c49e222ed71acf338f1c1733a.png

This is due i stock 17th December, hence the whole delivery taking 6 weeks

image.png.d0fc580b067a1fcc19b45b34ce2bfc5f.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Nowt - as we say in Yorkshire 🙂 Though I did get Syntronik CS at a good Yorkshire price!

So do we pronounce you name Bradford or Bratfud? *I lived in Leeds (1993 while 2000),

Edited by Kamikaze
  • Like 1

Largely broke, so anything over $50 was a non-starter. 

Downloaded and demoed a bunch of stuff from Baby Audio, Fuse Audio, WA Production, Overloud, and decided I didn't need or even want any of it. At least not at the moment. The deals weren't so great that they won't come around again.

Wound up buying Nomad Factory '80s Spaces from Audiodeluxe ($19), as it at least filled a hole in collection. Got the UVI Digital Synsations as a freebie. Hadn't realized that the UVI thing was mostly a sample-playback thing ala Syntronik, and probably will never use it, though the Ensoniq VFX sounds are pleasing.

Also picked up 2getheraudio's Rich DRUM because I demoed it on a track I was working on and I liked what it did sufficiently that I 'needed' it. Wasn't on sale, beyond their normal "it's ostensibly $50, but pay what you will" pricing.

Only thing I wanted that I didn't buy (yet) was the WA Productions "Ascension 1.5 + all the patches in the world" bundle for $40 at Plugin Boutique. 

Would've loved to pick up Tantra 2, but even at half-price ($99) it's overpriced for my limited uses.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

Would've loved to pick up Tantra 2, but even at half-price ($99) it's overpriced for my limited uses

Your best bet for picking up recent releases at PA is to get the plugins when they are on sale individually and you can stack a $75 or $50 voucher (if you didn't get one of these, ask around, or use a Buy&Sell forum). E.g.

11/4/2021

1 DS Audio TANTRA 2 $149.99

2021-11 Customer Loyalty Monthly Vouchers - $75

SLO: DS Audio Tantra 2 for $99.99 -$50

Total $24.99