Request to NOT use multidock or just remember how something was last opened - Dock vs Window

Max Arwood

I am using two monitors, and every time I use Melodyne (for instance) I have to undock it and move it to my larger monitor to get as close as I can. I also did this with one monitor, so I could enlarge the window. (I know I can use the double click thing, but a window can be larger.) I can leave console view, piano roll, staff view undocked and open, so they do not jump back to the dock, but Melodyne takes a bunch of clicks to get it positioned where I want it to be. Melodyne needs to be bounced after a few edits, or you risk a crash with it in too many clips.  I like to do short phrases when I use Melodyne. There could be 100 times I opened it undocked and move it to the other monitor if there are many back vocals.

Not sure I follow the issue? I use a second monitor. I undocked the multi dock and put it full screen on the second monitor.

I can easily change tabs to any view. If I create a regional effect and add Melodyne it pops up on the second monitor in the multi dock. 

Possibly you are leaving the multi dock on your primary monitor and individually floating each view?  

The issue is that other tabs in the multidock lose "focus" (for want of a better word) so you need to click between them.  If you have floating windows, you can see more than one thing at once (monitor size permitting) - having to continually undock Region FX windows to achieve this is...tedious and inconsistent (and stupid!).

I still don’t understand the issue so sorry but I myself find it very fast to switch views using the tabs. And I guess I can’t think of a reason I would need more than one view open at any given time. Might be different if you have reasons to need multi views open but for that I agree with @Mark MoreThan-Shaw

I have always wanted a 3rd monitor to keep plugins open. I would mount it above 

Ok I got it. Yes that’s seems to be an issue because as you say with Melodyne you have to close it when finished. So you re open it and it’s not where you last left it. It also always seems blank and I sometimes have to re open it to see the blobs. 
Not sure if Cakewalk could have control over this? 

Exactly - it's more that it doesn't remember (unlike others).   I'm sure they do have control over location, but not sure about the missing blobs (I assume it's an odd bug - I've personally never encountered it).