Before The Throne

Starise

4 hours ago, garybrun said:

Nice...
What samples/software did you use?

Good Morning Gary,

Thanks! Sorry I accidentally have two screen names. I used Mimi Page light and shadow combined with Shevannai sample libararies . Some patches are the Korg M-1 software version. The piano is part of a patch in my 88 Key Casio that was played in as audio into Cakewalk.

28 minutes ago, Douglas Kirby said:

That's an impressive mix Starise - nicely done.  I enjoyed the listen very much - it put me in quite a pleasant mood.

Only crit - abrupt ending.

Thanks Douglas. I noticed this as well. The original track had a tail......I will look into it to see why.

Tim, I have the Mimi Page Vst too and used it in a couple of projects. I'm a sucker for female voices and always looking for more. I've looked at Shevannai but undecided. Would you recommend it?
Sounds good how you've used them in this project. Enjoyed it!
-Bjorn

On 12/2/2021 at 3:56 AM, bjornpdx said:

Tim, I have the Mimi Page Vst too and used it in a couple of projects. I'm a sucker for female voices and always looking for more. I've looked at Shevannai but undecided. Would you recommend it?
Sounds good how you've used them in this project. Enjoyed it!
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn!

I guess it all depends on the material you are trying to make. Shevannai is similar to Mimi Page. The differences as I see between them is In Shenvannai there are more soundscapes which I don't tend to use because I like to build my own. Not sure if this is a typical thing with Edward's libraries- The included soundscapes don't mix well because they often have off tunings that cannot be changed. They are ok stand alone but not as a part of a mix so much in my opinion. The speaking phrases are definitely more geared to "elf" material in Shevannai than in Mimi Page. Not that you can't achieve similar in Mimi Page. In using Shevannai sometimes the samples hesitate almost like I have terrible latency. This does not happen in Mimi Page. They might be much larger samples. I would not buy Shevannai paying full price. I think it is a value on sale.

On 12/2/2021 at 5:06 PM, InstrEd said:

So was this piece about the P*** Throne 

Sorry I'll get my coat................

Not sure what you mean?