Constantly Having To Unplug MIDI Keyboard And Toggle Driver In Setting

ADUS

This is a problem that I am having on several machines with different MIDI keyboards so I am not sure what the problem is, but every so often I get no MIDI Input (this icon in the system tray doesn't light up):

image.png.ad738999d33f0c908d570c794e1f4dc5.png 

I have to always unplug the USB cable from the MIDI controller, sometimes that works and will prompt:

image.png.e0ee048ae3814ebfe51d4fdd9d219b9e.png

Other times I still won't get this prompt and it won't work until I toggle these inputs:

image.png.5c6ff30605aa2e48d9e31c0cb03a46e7.png

I have no clue what keeps causing this, if anyone has anything I can try, that would be so much appreciated as this is interrupting my creative workflow.  THANK YOU!!!!

B7EBC4D6-84F8-4583-9EDA-E908B9F8C80D.SNAG

I have had this issue, and in my particular case I solved it by checking the physical connections of all the hardware.  The problematic one was on the usb input of the midi keyboard.

I even used the standard electronic cleaner in all the plugs and sockets, and it solved it for me. I guess dust gets inside this little connectors and cause trouble? 

But may be other reasons for this behavior. I would double check the drivers involved too (proper drivers+updated drivers).

Hope you get it solved!

1 hour ago, Andres Medina said:

I have had this issue, and in my particular case I solved it by checking the physical connections of all the hardware.  The problematic one was on the usb input of the midi keyboard.

I even used the standard electronic cleaner in all the plugs and sockets, and it solved it for me. I guess dust gets inside this little connectors and cause trouble? 

But may be other reasons for this behavior. I would double check the drivers involved too (proper drivers+updated drivers).

Hope you get it solved!

I don't think that is it because I should have added, it works in stand alone VST's just fine when it doesn't in Cakewalk.  :(

Make sure your USB ports have been exempted from being powered off automatically. This is a common cause of suddenly losing connection to USB-connected interfaces and MIDI controllers.

Open Device Manager, scroll down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers. There will probably be a bunch of entries. Right-click on each of them, go to Properties -> Power Management. Make sure the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option is unchecked. (If there is no "Power Management" tab in a device's properties, that just means it's not a port and you can skip it.)