Notice from IK regarding Syntronik 2 and the CS

cclarry

Dear Syntronik user,

This is to inform you that IK Multimedia has released Syntronik 2 CS for Mac/PC.

This version of the new Syntronik 2 is available to all and will host all previously purchased synth models from the original Syntronik collections with no purchase required.

We recommend that all Syntronik users update to the free Syntronik 2 CS, available HERE, for the best experience, including Apple M1 native compatibility and more.

Only Syntronik 2 CS will receive updates moving forward. Syntronik 1 will receive no further updates.

We look forward to you using Syntronik 2 for many years to come and appreciate your support.

Best Regards,

IK Multimedia

Instructions for migrating to Syntronik 2 CS

1) Download and open IK Product Manager
2) Select "Manage My Products" to enter the "Software" tab
3) Click "Install" to the right of the Syntronik 2 tile
4) Once installed, use the IK Product Manager pop-up to continue to download your sound content*
5) Back inside IK Product Manager click "Authorize" next to Syntronik 2

*If you already have Syntronik 1 sounds installed, use the Syntronik 2 app's Settings -> Library tab to add any additional sound content paths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Grem said:

What if you don't have Syntronic 2?

Is Syntronic 1 still going to work?

From what I read, yes, it will continue to work but there won't be any updates.  My main audio PC can only handle Syntronik 1.  I suspect that 2 won't work on it because my current audio PC can't handle OpenGL2 which is also a requirement for ST4 and others.  I am working on setting up another PC that can handle OpenGL2 and will try installing Syntronik 2  CS which is free according to this: 

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik2/

OK, now I see what's going on. I can use Syntronik 2 CS just like I used Syntronik 1. Seems to me to be almost the same UI as far as I can tell. IOW, a lot like ST4.

How ever, when I look at the locations that Syntronik 2 CS has for it's libs, it is showing a C\: location. I don't remember if the installer asked me where to put it's files or not. Wondering if everytime I install a Syntronik 2 lib, will it install on my C drive?

Can I move it? I don't see a way. I mean I can move them in Explorer, but the sample folder in Syntronik 2 just says Samples. So I am wondering if it's dependent on that folder structure. Might drag the folder over to my sample drive, rename it and see what happens!!

Edited by Grem
  • Confused 1

Let me try and be clearer.

I already have Syntronik. No plans at the moment to get Syntronik 2.

I installed Syntronik 2 CS because it's a freebie and wanted to try it and see what it's about.

I was worried that my Syntronik stuff wouldn't work anymore. (Until I re-read Larry's post)

So now that I installed Syntronik 2 CS, I started it up and to me it appears to look just like Syntronik, with the ST4 UI. IOW, nothing really new to me. If there is, I ain't seeing it.

Syntronik 2 CS installed it's sample lib on my C drive. I don't want that for future installations. Right now it's only 3 -4 gb. But I want to try and move that before it installs anymore libs there.

: )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Grem said:

I installed Syntronik 2 CS because it's a freebie and wanted to try it and see what it's about.

I was worried that my Syntronik stuff wouldn't work anymore. (Until I re-read Larry's post)

So now that I installed Syntronik 2 CS, I started it up and to me it appears to look just like Syntronik, with the ST4 UI. IOW, nothing really new to me. If there is, I ain't seeing it.

Syntronik 2 CS installed it's sample lib on my C drive. I don't want that for future installations. Right now it's only 3 -4 gb. But I want to try and move that before it installs anymore libs there.

You can move the library folder in Explorer, point to that location in Syntronik 2 settings and rescan. I suggest moving the root library folder to keep everything together; I've never had an issue doing it that way. I believe after that Syntronik 2 will install to the new location but I'm not 100% sure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Grem said:

I think the existing presets will only be updated in the "full" versions of Syntronic 2 so you will not see the new edit page for existing presets. (Someone correct me if I am wrong) The edit page adds a lot of functionality like a modulation matrix and the ability to change waveform in a patch.

All my Syntronic 2 Max content was installed to my E: drive where all my other IK sample content lives. 

Edited by Vernon Barnes

10 hours ago, Grem said:

See my post here: