Jump to content
Leadfoot

Dad's Song

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

That's cool that you posted a rocker as a tribute to your Dad - nicely done. I agree with some of the other guys that it has a serious AC/DC vibe.  The mix sounds pro.  Impressive lead vocal and guitar work.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the compliments man! The AC/DC vibe was intentional, because my Dad loved them. I'm glad the vibe came across. Thanks for listening man!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I just wanted to let ya know that I also posted youtube video if anyone's interested. I put it in the first post. Thanks everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leadfoot said:

Hey I just wanted to let ya know that I also posted youtube video if anyone's interested. I put it in the first post. Thanks everyone!

I hope this doesn't sound disrespectful....  but your song makes me smile... especially when I can see who you are singing about.
Assurance of hes in a better place... love the lyrics about the block Chevy.
Keep rocking fella  🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, garybrun said:

I hope this doesn't sound disrespectful....  but your song makes me smile... especially when I can see who you are singing about.
Assurance of hes in a better place... love the lyrics about the block Chevy.
Keep rocking fella  🙂

Hi Gary! It doesn't sound disrespectful at all, my friend. The song was meant as a celebration of his freedom from emphysema, as well as a number of other ailments he had suffered with for so long. That means a lot that it made you smile! I liked that lyric about the big block Chevy too. Thanks so much for listening, and for your kind words!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've really got that vibe down pat with this one -- vox and such are right in the pocket.  And...dare I say this...I found the guitar break to be kinda beautiful -- well thought out, very well played with ringing resonant tones.  And yes, I did bob my head while listening.  Good one, mate!

~Allan

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ABull said:

You've really got that vibe down pat with this one -- vox and such are right in the pocket.  And...dare I say this...I found the guitar break to be kinda beautiful -- well thought out, very well played with ringing resonant tones.  And yes, I did bob my head while listening.  Good one, mate!

~Allan

 

Hi Allan, 

Thanks so much for the very kind words, especially about the break! I'm glad you liked it! I really appreciate you taking the time to listen! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh hell yeah!

Maybe double your lead vocal, as you kind of did in the choruses?

 

Absolutely great riff, great kick-***** ACDC , great guitars, great vocals, and great song concept.

Sorry for your loss. Mine passed away 2 years ago. If I'd have written him a song, it would never be as cool as yours!!! And for my Dad it would have been more like Lawrence Welk.  :)

 

cheers,

-Tom

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Oh hell yeah!

Maybe double your lead vocal, as you kind of did in the choruses?

 

Absolutely great riff, great kick-***** ACDC , great guitars, great vocals, and great song concept.

Sorry for your loss. Mine passed away 2 years ago. If I'd have written him a song, it would never be as cool as yours!!! And for my Dad it would have been more like Lawrence Welk.  :)

 

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it! I'm sorry for your loss as well. There ain't nothin wrong with some Lawrence Welk though! 😂 I'm glad you liked it man, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Cool rocking tribute to your Dad, nice one. 

Thanks Wookiee! I appreciate you checking it out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

This was not a self promoting bump. Just wanted to give him a shout out for his birthday. Thank you to all who have check out the song, and to all that have shared their kind words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...