Dad's Song

Leadfoot

2 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

That's cool that you posted a rocker as a tribute to your Dad - nicely done. I agree with some of the other guys that it has a serious AC/DC vibe.  The mix sounds pro.  Impressive lead vocal and guitar work.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the compliments man! The AC/DC vibe was intentional, because my Dad loved them. I'm glad the vibe came across. Thanks for listening man!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leadfoot said:

Hey I just wanted to let ya know that I also posted youtube video if anyone's interested. I put it in the first post. Thanks everyone!

I hope this doesn't sound disrespectful....  but your song makes me smile... especially when I can see who you are singing about.
Assurance of hes in a better place... love the lyrics about the block Chevy.
Keep rocking fella  🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, garybrun said:

I hope this doesn't sound disrespectful....  but your song makes me smile... especially when I can see who you are singing about.
Assurance of hes in a better place... love the lyrics about the block Chevy.
Keep rocking fella  🙂

Hi Gary! It doesn't sound disrespectful at all, my friend. The song was meant as a celebration of his freedom from emphysema, as well as a number of other ailments he had suffered with for so long. That means a lot that it made you smile! I liked that lyric about the big block Chevy too. Thanks so much for listening, and for your kind words!

You've really got that vibe down pat with this one -- vox and such are right in the pocket.  And...dare I say this...I found the guitar break to be kinda beautiful -- well thought out, very well played with ringing resonant tones.  And yes, I did bob my head while listening.  Good one, mate!

~Allan

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ABull said:

You've really got that vibe down pat with this one -- vox and such are right in the pocket.  And...dare I say this...I found the guitar break to be kinda beautiful -- well thought out, very well played with ringing resonant tones.  And yes, I did bob my head while listening.  Good one, mate!

~Allan

Hi Allan, 

Thanks so much for the very kind words, especially about the break! I'm glad you liked it! I really appreciate you taking the time to listen! 

Oh hell yeah!

Maybe double your lead vocal, as you kind of did in the choruses?

Absolutely great riff, great kick-***** ACDC , great guitars, great vocals, and great song concept.

Sorry for your loss. Mine passed away 2 years ago. If I'd have written him a song, it would never be as cool as yours!!! And for my Dad it would have been more like Lawrence Welk.  :)

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 2

8 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Oh hell yeah!

Maybe double your lead vocal, as you kind of did in the choruses?

Absolutely great riff, great kick-***** ACDC , great guitars, great vocals, and great song concept.

Sorry for your loss. Mine passed away 2 years ago. If I'd have written him a song, it would never be as cool as yours!!! And for my Dad it would have been more like Lawrence Welk.  :)

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it! I'm sorry for your loss as well. There ain't nothin wrong with some Lawrence Welk though! 😂 I'm glad you liked it man, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! 

• 3 weeks later...