Leadfoot

Dad's Song

Hi everyone. I haven't been around here for a while. I hope everyone has been doing well. I wrote this song for my dad, who passed away in February. I hope you all like it. I'm looking forward to listening to all your stuff as well. 

EDIT

I uploaded a youtube video, in case anyone's interested.😁

Edited by Leadfoot

Leadfoot

I could tell by the waveform that the mellow part at the beginning would soon get a lot less mellow but I didn't expect the AC/DC rock n roll energy. I like the "heaven is a little bit louder" which tells me something about your dad. I'm guessing you're a chip off the old block.  Outstanding performance and guitar playing!

• Like 1

Hi, Bob,

Dynamite job on this fantastic tribute rocker!😀

Great writing, arrangement, excellent playing, killer vocals and I loved the butt-kicking guitar solo.🤘

I'm sure your Dad is smiling down listening to this great tribute!

SUPER stuff, brother, right up my alley!👍

Have a good one!
Bob

• Like 1

I think its brill.
Dont know your dad...  but I bet he's looking on down feeling well proud his son wrote a song for him.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 12:03 AM, bjornpdx said:

Leadfoot

I could tell by the waveform that the mellow part at the beginning would soon get a lot less mellow but I didn't expect the AC/DC rock n roll energy. I like the "heaven is a little bit louder" which tells me something about your dad. I'm guessing you're a chip off the old block.  Outstanding performance and guitar playing!

Thank you Bjorn! Yeah, Dad wouldn't have wanted a sad song.  He loved AC/DC, even at 77 years old, so I wanted to write a song that he would have liked. Thanks so much for the compliments!

Edited by Leadfoot
Spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Bob,

Dynamite job on this fantastic tribute rocker!😀

Great writing, arrangement, excellent playing, killer vocals and I loved the butt-kicking guitar solo.🤘

I'm sure your Dad is smiling down listening to this great tribute!

SUPER stuff, brother, right up my alley!👍

Have a good one!
Bob

Hi Bob! I hope he's smiling down. Thank you for your kind words man! I really like your music too!☺   

44 minutes ago, garybrun said:

I think its brill.
Dont know your dad...  but I bet he's looking on down feeling well proud his son wrote a song for him.

Hi Gary! Thank you for saying that, man. I looked up to my dad a great deal, and always wanted him to be proud of me. I suppose that's natural for any son. Thanks a lot for listening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Leadfoot,

Great tribute to your Dad with lots of high rocking energy.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Thank you Paul! I appreciate you listening!

Edited by Leadfoot

Absolutely brilliant!  It takes me back to the days when Bill and Ted were having an excellent adventure...

• Like 1

Wow!  Brilliant tribute to your Dad.  Sounds like a cross between AC/DC and Foreigner.😃

Sorry for your  loss.  I lost my Dad February of last year.

😢John B

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Joad said:

This rocks, love the hard left / hard right guitar... cool vocals...

Thanks for listening, Joad! Glad you liked it!

16 hours ago, Lynn said:

Absolutely brilliant!  It takes me back to the days when Bill and Ted were having an excellent adventure...

Thank you, Lynn! I appreciate the compliment!

13 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Wow!  Brilliant tribute to your Dad.  Sounds like a cross between AC/DC and Foreigner.😃

Sorry for your  loss.  I lost my Dad February of last year.

😢John B

I'm sorry for your loss as well, John. Thank you for the kind words man. I intentionally made it sound like AC/DC because my Dad really liked them. I wasn't expecting the Foreigner comparison though, but I'll take it! Thanks again man!

Yep, you nailed the whole AC/DC vibe.  Very cool tune and an excellent tribute to your dad.  Great job!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amiller said:

Yep, you nailed the whole AC/DC vibe.  Very cool tune and an excellent tribute to your dad.  Great job!

Thanks man. I'm glad you liked it! I appreciate you taking the time to listen to it!☺

That's cool that you posted a rocker as a tribute to your Dad - nicely done. I agree with some of the other guys that it has a serious AC/DC vibe.  The mix sounds pro.  Impressive lead vocal and guitar work.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1