Studio One 5 plugins used in Cakewalk?

Jerry Pellegrino

5 hours ago, paulo said:

It would certainly be nice to be able to make use of the synths in S1. Seems a bit petty to lock them down. If I own a licence to use them, then I own a licence to use them. What difference does how I use them make to Presonus ?

It is possible that Presonus does not have the right to allow the use in other appications, if there are third parties involved.

Like in the case of  zillions of free VSTs that you're not allowed set as a part of some DAW or other software.

8 hours ago, paulo said:

It would certainly be nice to be able to make use of the synths in S1. Seems a bit petty to lock them down. If I own a licence to use them, then I own a licence to use them. What difference does how I use them make to Presonus ?

This is just one reason why I wish ReWire had been expanded instead of killed. Ableton Live is (or I guess was) a ReWire client, so you could use all their instruments with Cakewalk. Studio One was never a ReWire client, but if ReWire had become really popular, then there would be have been more pressure on DAWs to be ReWire clients.