Missing Plugins (longtime user/checked other posts)

Ricky Wayne Hunt

I've been using Cakewalk products since they started so I'm aquainted with the nuts and bolts. I have about 750 plugins and only about 270 are showing up. 

Things tried:

1. all folders are added
  2. tried showing excluded plugins
  3. re-scan failed/existing plugins

Thanks!

Edited by Ricky Wayne Hunt
Forgot to thank

2 hours ago, scook said:

From Preferences run a VST Reset with Scan in Sandbox and Generate Scan Log enabled

If the log does not help may want to post an image of your scan path from preferences.

Found it. By sheer luck the 91 plugins I was missing were not important to me.  And Cakewalk wasn't looking in the folder where I had my Plugin Menu files were. Now everything is perfect. Thanks, again!!!

I too have been working with Cakewalk since the Stone Age (c. 1990). I'm pretty sure the laptop I've been using for about the last 8-10 years started with a clean install of Sonar X1, upgraded first to X3 and later to Platinum, followed by the switch to the Bandlab version and its many updates. I have just acquired a new Win 11 laptop. I installed CbB and copied my cwp's to the new PC. Everything works, except that some projects contain plugins like Session Drummer which are not part of the CbB download. I have the installer for the old Command Center and I guess I could use it to install Platinum and the pre-Bandlab plugins on my new system, but my other option is to replace the missing plugins with their counterparts included with CbB (e.g., SI Drumkit for Session Drummer), thus making future hardware changes easier. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of these options would be welcome.

The plugin replacement option got me thinking about finding a way to identify those projects which contain a given plugin. I don't think that capability exists within Cakewalk, but several open-source Windows versions of the Unix 'grep' utility are available. I downloaded one named 'dnGrep' from GitHub and it does the job. I used it to search through 600+ cwp files spread across numerous subdirectories and dnGrep gave me a nice list of the 20 or 30 projects that contained Session Drummer. I'll probably find other uses for it too, but wanted to share this info in case someone else has a similar need.