Request: MUTE button in the VSTi window header

pulsewalk

There is already a Solo button in the VSTi window header. Please also add the Mute button, which would do a lot for those who need to momentarily mute a VSTi, without having to go to track view and search for the right track, among maybe many many tracks, to find the right track to mute.

Thank you!

Example (I added a mute button in Photoshop, just to see what it could look like):

cakewalk-mute-button.jpg

Edited by pulsewalk
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 6

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Given that we're talking VSTi's here, a Freeze button might also be appropriate.

@Starship Krupa,   How would you expect a VSTi to interpret a freeze button?  My first thought would be for the VSTi to retain whatever preset, setting or preference is in use when the freeze button is enabled.  Was that your thought too or something different?

• Like 2

On 11/22/2022 at 1:09 PM, Max Arwood said:

I would like to see the freeze and archive buttons on buses in the console view. It would be nice to be able to freeze sections/groups of instruments. Archive would be great too. Both of these could help projects that are loaded with synths and plugins. 

@Max Arwood, That's a great idea and one I'd root for.  I think the idea is good enough it should be presented in it's own thread and not relegated to the bottom of a thread about a similar idea.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I miss this feature every time I use Cakewalk. It would be so easy to work in a VSTi having it on while the track is running, and then with a simple click on the M button being able to mute that instrument, to hear how the track sounds without it.

I really hope this feature is planned!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Also add grouping to FX  I would hope that we would be able to add the mute button in a group. If it could be added to a group, it would be a great way to decide between 2 compressors/EQs/reverbs/etc. on a track or a bus.

Edited by Max Arwood
Clarified the post