Suggestion for a super low cost item on Plugin Boutique?

lawajava

22 minutes ago, lawajava said:

I know it's mentioned in the posts somewhere.   I'm looking to grab one of this month's  free items but just want to buy some super low cost throw away item.

Suggestion please?

or just guy something you really want........I got the Scaler 2 tutorial video for $11.   If you have AAS stuff buy a pack and get the other free.

Doesn't have to be a "throwaway," you can get some very useful, even essential stuff for even as low as $5.

I don't know what your genre is, but I do electronica and one of my favorite developers is Glitchmachines. They are having one of their periodic five and dime sales. Most of the FX are $5 and the samplers $10.

I have all but a couple of their products, getting Tactic this time around. If you do experimental music, I consider these essential, but they're also good for sprinkling a bit of "whoa, what was that sound?" seasoning on an electronic track.

WA Production's stuff is about the most underrated I can think of, maybe because they deep discount it so often. They make no junk. Which brings us to....

Soundspot has wildly varying quality. Cyclone compressor is great at $5. It helped introduce me to the charms of mid-side compression. Somewhere in this forum I have more detailed reviews of their line. Don't rule them out, but be careful. I demo'd Union and it had an audio engine hit higher than Chromaphone, which it has no right to given the "meh" sounds it produced. Glitch is great for....glitch, if that's one of your things.

One rule they have is that the item you buy can't be the same item that you're getting as a gift, so if you want the A|A|S soundpack, you can't use that to qualify.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

One rule they have is that the item you buy can't be the same item that you're getting as a gift, so if you want the A|A|S soundpack, you can't use that to qualify.

I just did that last week when the AAS sound packs were available as a freebie choice. Bought an Ultra Analog AAS pack on sale, and received a different AAS pack as the freebie! :)

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, abacab said:

I just did that last week when the AAS sound packs were available as a freebie choice. Bought an Ultra Analog AAS pack on sale, and received a different AAS pack as the freebie! :)

Hmm. This time around they're only showing me the other 3 as being available.

Ah well, however it goes there's plenty of great stuff for $10 and under. Are you going to snag Tactic while it's $5?

16 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Hmm. This time around they're only showing me the other 3 as being available.

I'm seeing the same thing now, even though the current promo mentions AAS packs available as a free gift. Maybe you can only choose that AAS option once?

36 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm seeing the same thing now, even though the current promo mentions AAS packs available as a free gift. Maybe you can only choose that AAS option once?

Yes, that is the case. Once I chose the AAS pack as a free gift, it was no longer an option for me to choose it again. Otherwise, you could buy multiple copies of the Bloom library and get all the AAS packs for $3 each.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Yes, that is the case. Once I chose the AAS pack as a free gift, it was no longer an option for me to choose it again. Otherwise, you could buy multiple copies of the Bloom library and get all the AAS packs for $3 each.

That makes sense! In any case, I bagged 2 new AAS Ultra Analog  packs for $19. :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Rigid is one of those funny guys that do the "hey, regular price $800 but now on sale for $4... " dance..

Exactly. I realize that not many people take it seriously, but it's really a sleazy pricing strategy. I mean, no one is buying their libraries at the regular prices, guaranteed. I've bought a few last year and they were, in my subjective opinion, very meh, worth no more than the 90% off or whatever outrageous fake discount they used was. But even that was questionable. FTR, they were the developer I referred to in my rant on sleazy promotional strategies. But I realize that the avg sample user might not see it as unethical. But it is because they are deceiving a customer into falsely grossly exaggerating the regular prices of their libraries only to regularly set up these 90+% discounts, which is obviously the only time they're selling those libraries. They are not even close to competitive with similar libraries at their ridiculous regular prices. It's just a sleazy tactic. In the US, the FTC has regulations against such practices -- and from my recollection (I've handled digital marketing around the globe) Germany's regulations are incredibly stricter, but the avg small developer is neither aware of business laws and most don't care. but come on, it's just not playing it honest. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Good lord, I checked PB this morning and they have Exponential Nimbus and R4 on sale for $9.99 each.

When I got Exponential Phoenix a couple of years ago, it laid waste to any other reverb I had heard. I sort of hate to admit this, but the default preset is so good that I mostly just use that. Nimbus is supposed to be the same algo with extended features like tempo sync'd predelay and more comprehensive EQ.

R4 is the same story for the also excellent R2, which I have and is the only reverb other than Phoenix that I use regularly (when I want that Cocteau Twins early 80's Lexicon wash).

I'll be demoing both of them, and won't be surprised if I wind up with a couple of licenses for Nimbus.

There's no reason to get a "throwaway" plug-in just to qualify for the freebies. You can get one worthy of using on every project.

• Like 2

I already have the single licenses for Exponential Nimbus and R4, that came with an iZotope bundle. Too bad they only offer one license each for the Exponential reverbs.

The iZotope branded NeoVerb doesn't have that limitation.

This might be a great time to grab a cheap 2nd Exponential Nimbus license for $10. :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1