Blast From The Past -1971

Bapu

20 hours ago, Zo said:

ya tha drumma right ? ;)

In our community of about 20 bands Ron was the most respected and (of course) the best drummer around. And, we were a damned tight rhythm section for Chas to lay on top of.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Doc H said:

That look you were giving the drummer…. Was he lost? Or was that just before he vaporized and left a pile of green goo on the drummers throne, and you saw it was about to happen?

No I was not really looking at Ron, I was just concentrating of finding the ever elusive Am bass note.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Doc H said:

That look you were giving the drummer…. Was he lost? Or was that just before he vaporized and left a pile of green goo on the drummers throne, and you saw it was about to happen?

Actually, he was thinking "How am I supposed to be 'in the pocket' with a guy who's not wearing any pants?" 😆

• Haha 2

In 1967 my Dad wanted to come to a gig and film the band. We were playing the Peppermint Lounge in Omaha, the second-most prestigious gig in town (read: psychedelic lights and girls who put out). I refused to let him do it. How could I possibly remain cool on stage with a parent and his 16mm movie camera?

I was such an insecure dork at age 16. That footage would be priceless today.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 9:34 AM, 57Gregy said:

The Fields Brothers in concert Oct. 1969 in Frankfurt, Germany.

I was in Frankfurt in 1970. You wouldn't have happened to have been at the Deep Purple concert at the Hunderthalle that year, by any chance?  Or the ELP concert the following night?

I was based in Munich but had made a road trip with my bandmate up to Frankfurt to see those performances. It was ELP's second gig, before their first album had been released, but I figured if the band was half as good as The Nice it'd be worth the trip. They exceeded expectations.

51 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

I was in Frankfurt in 1970. You wouldn't have happened to have been at the Deep Purple concert at the Hunderthalle that year, by any chance?  Or the ELP concert the following night?

I was based in Munich but had made a road trip with my bandmate up to Frankfurt to see those performances. It was ELP's second gig, before their first album had been released, but I figured if the band was half as good as The Nice it'd be worth the trip. They exceeded expectations.

I remember you saying you were there at the same time as we were. As you may be able to tell, we were kids; I was 12 and Mike was 13. Plus, we had just returned to Frankfurt for our second tour. Later, my first 2 concerts were there, Grand Funk and Ten Years After at the Messe in '71 and '72.