Blast From The Past -1971

Bapu

On 12/3/2021 at 1:58 PM, craigb said:

Bbbm? 🤔

Poor B b flat Minor!

He decided to rename himself A minor after he performed a transposition of dropping his pitch down one semitone .

I suspect this action would have been OK if he changed the Key signature of the Song ...but he didn't

As a result of his actions he  pissed off  the chordal en·har·mon·ic spell check N@zis....

Let this be a lesson to all that try to substitute deceptive en·har·mon·ic shortcuts .

The Wold will never accept a poor substitute for an A Minor .  Only a genuine A Minor  will do :P

FX9uEWd.png

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, craigb said:

Because my parents used my tender age as an excuse, I lost the chance to see the Beatles in 1965...

It was my cousin who made that decision for me. She took my older  (by 16 months and 7 days) sister instead.

My first concert was in 1968  at the Pasadena Rose Palace. The bill was (opening acts to headliner):
Brian Auger and Trinity
The Chambers Brothers
Elvin Bishop Blues Band
Led Zeppelin

That lineup played two rounds of full sets.

In between sets 1 and 2 my singer and I were at the edge of stage talking to Robert Plant. He was very nice to us. Jimmy Page would not come near the edge of the stage.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Jimmy Page would not come near the edge of the stage.

Guitarists don't talk to bass players unless it's to yell at them for being off-beat. 😁

(Also, he's a smart guy and wouldn't want to accidentally fall off the stage. 😜)

My first concert was "The Kingsmen", I was in a band that was the opening act for that concert. Our agent said, "This is something new, the people come to listen instead of coming to dance."

They were past their prime without Ely on lead vocals, and we blew them away.

Later, we got to open concerts for groups that were better and had current top-10/Billboard records on the chart.

Notes ♫

On 12/5/2021 at 2:08 PM, Bapu said:

Elvin Bishop Blues Band

Wow. I thought I was the only person on Earth who remembers Elvin Bishop. 

Love the pic. Our bass player played through something that looked very similar to what you had on stage. He left, we got another bass player, he wanted to come back so he switched to keyboards. I'm guessing the output from the keyboard was too much for the input of the head. A huge plume of white smoke came out in the middle of a set one night. He was devastated. Apparently it was a vintage amp he had almost his whole life. He's your age, now. This happened 25 years ago.

71 was a bad year. Just ask my parents.

Sorry for the delayed response. Been busy in my makeshift studio while I have some time. 👍🏻

I lost a lot of my personal pictures from a good section of my life thanks to bad movers back in 2003 which still burns me up!  Lost related stuff too like most of my trophy's, plaques and awards, all of my martial arts belts, and magazines that I had been in (as well as one where I was on the cover!)...

But I did manage to scan in some 'ol turds from the past, like this one from the 80's after a nice finals win over the, then current, US #1 dart player John Kramer. 😁

DartCashWad.jpg

Edited by craigb

46 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

...either way you got some crazy eyes in that pic .  

🤪

Kenny

'Tis what happens when you accomplish something you weren't supposed to do AND they hand you a nice chunk of money for your efforts! 

(There's $2,500 in that hand. 😁 )