Acustica Cyber Monday Deals!

cclarry

12 minutes ago, mikannohako said:

I checked the price yesterday and I remember the price for Amethyst and Ivory and they are the same at least.

I'll be grabbing ivory for €60

I think the lowered prices are for Silver And Sienna...because they weren't these prices yesterday

I've got Cream2 and don't mind it.

Seems like a great price for Viridian2, which didn't seem to have bad reviews (apart from White Sea Studio, but the reviews of his review on that one were mixed anyway, with apparently not enabling the pres correctly.. ! 🤣) I guess that happens with his no manual approach at times..

I've also got these already which were freebies at one stage:

• Big Ceil
  • Ceil
  • Celestial
  • Cerise

I've considered picking up one and leaning more towards this order in preference so far:

1. Viridian2
  2. Amethyst4
  3. Titanium3
  4. Water2

Would Viridian2 be a good choice, or out of these, which would you choose/recommend and why? Any major differences in CPU usage between them as well?

Thanks 🙂

I’ve sold a lot of my Acustica plugs but will never sell Gold, lovely Neve sound. Not sure how much it’s on for but it’s a winner. Out of your list above, water and viridian have a lovely vintage coloured sound too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tom said:

I’ve sold a lot of my Acustica plugs but will never sell Gold, lovely Neve sound. Not sure how much it’s on for but it’s a winner. Out of your list above, water and viridian have a lovely vintage coloured sound too

Thanks Tom. That one does look good 🙂 I figured I might get one of the ones that are cheaper/on a bigger sale as that would then also get me the discount offers on the other ones. Because the ones I have were freebies, I don't seem to get any of those offers. I'll make a note of Gold though.

What have you moved to instead of Acustica and why, or have you just trimmed down what you have?

3 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Thanks Tom. That one does look good 🙂 I figured I might get one of the ones that are cheaper/on a bigger sale as that would then also get me the discount offers on the other ones. Because the ones I have were freebies, I don't seem to get any of those offers. I'll make a note of Gold though.

What have you moved to instead of Acustica and why, or have you just trimmed down what you have?

I've actually gone down the rabbit hole of DIY hardware gear, lots of fun! I have a more hybrid workflow now and stick with Nebula libraries and quality algos along with hardware. I got sick of having to freeze tracks using CPU hungry Acustica plugins too

15 hours ago, tom said:

I've actually gone down the rabbit hole of DIY hardware gear, lots of fun! I have a more hybrid workflow now and stick with Nebula libraries and quality algos along with hardware. I got sick of having to freeze tracks using CPU hungry Acustica plugins too

Oh that does sound like a rabbit hole.. but agree a lot of fun! Was just reading up on analogue summing as well and also couldn't rule out adding a bit of extra hardware to the kit 🤣

Agreed on the CPU hogs.. although for one piece of hardware, if we all spent that on the computer/upgrade, it would be a non issue too 😎

I've been testing out Viridian2 and Amethyst4 so far. I think I'm preferring Amethyst, but I'll put them through a few more paces.

I know stepped is common, especially for mastering, but I also preferred the EQs etc being non stepped in Amethyst and from a usability perspective it just seems like a slightly better workflow.