TASCAM US-1X2HR 2-Channel USB Audio Interface

cclarry

I bought a Tascam US-16x08 when Win10 was released and the drivers for my PreSonus AudioBox 441VSL never worked properly. It was a good piece of hardware, and I had high hopes for driver support since Tascam took driver support for their newer interfaces back in house. The fly in that ointment was that the in-house developer(s) wasn't all that good. I eventually dumped the Tascam and went back to the 44VSL after PreSonus finally got it working on Win10 (but had to drop the VSL functionality). I replaced the 44VSL with an 1810c that I love.

Point being, check the interwebs for comments of that unit's drivers for Win10/Win11.

10 hours ago, Paul_in_wales said:

Funnily enough I bought a as US 16x08 just this week as my ui24r has gone faulty and I wanted something to replace that whilst it's in for repair - worked like a charm out of the box on mac m1 mini using driver class compliancy.

One great thing about the 16x08 is that it defaults to 8 mic preamps if NOT plugged into a USB port (8 mic inputs to 8 line outputs). I didn't have room to bring it to France with me, so I sold it.

• Like 1

I did see that in the spec/manual, but own my needs are very simple - I just wanted it for the 16 analog inputs for hardware synths going into my DAW and the outputs to route audio for hardware sampling.  Compared to the ui24r, the internal routing is as basic as it gets, but it does the job.

Also had in mind that I should be able to hook it up direct to my MPC one and use it as the ins/outs for that without the computer/DAW in the mix (something the ui24r can't do, as that's fixed at 48kHz sample rate and MPC needs 44.1kHz).

• Like 1