Lyrics - extend a word

Sam's

Question

5 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Sam's said:

When I enter text in "Lyrics" and want to extend a word, it does not work. Previously this was possible with ''- - -" dashes. Is this a bug? Or has the method changed?

I have always entered lyrics in staff view - pressing a dash after a word jumps to the next note event .   Words are always aligned to notes that way. 

And even if I've moved the note but not the lyric event, I have (written) a CAL script that aligns a selected note to the selected lyric event.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Promidi said:

I have always entered lyrics in staff view - pressing a dash after a word jumps to the next note event .   Words are always aligned to notes that way. 

And even if I've moved the note but not the lyric event, I have (written) a CAL script that aligns a selected note to the selected lyric event.

Thanks for your comment! I work with a lot of text that I paste in to Lyrics. This way I don't have to typ it in staff view.
Because if I work in staff view then I have to retype everything again.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, Promidi said:

Promidi

If you're still around, I'm having this problem and I think I tried to do what you said, which is what I read in the Cakewalk documentation.  I double click the word "excite" and put a hyphen in it as "ex-cite" but the words/syllables don't shift over one note.  Can you or anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Never mind.  I just went to the Lyrics view, and made the edit there.  The the correct placement appeared in the Staff view.  I can work that way.

Cakewalk.jpg

Edited by DallasSteve
Found the answer.

36 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I don't do lyrics, but I did notice you have 11 syllables but only 10 notes.  Seems to me you need one more note.

image.png.2bb1f1be35ae82cd7aea4ffbd1ed1b04.png

The way you lay it out is correct.  I was able to make that happen correctly by adding the hyphen in the Lyrics view, but it doesn't work for me in the Staff view.