Who has the time to even check out this many sales?

jim137

I stopped following the emails and posts about Friday/Sales 3 days ago.

This is ridiculous.

Audio Companies, you compete by doing things differently, not by just being one of the pack.

Spectrasonics used my ready Fall cash with their Omnisphere Extensions on October 30.

And they were not inexpensive, but on their only sale for their life of the product according to Spectrasonics.

Too much? Too many? No real savings?

• Great Idea 1

Those Omnisphere extensions are absurdly over priced. Might have been reasonably priced in 2005 when there was less competition. As they are priced now, they are asking the price of Komplete 13....for a pack of essentially 4 Omnisphere preset packs. Most of which will be so overused in a year they'll have to release even more expansions. I would pay $99 for all 4. Maybe.

Also seems like a cash grab. Should have just updated Omnisphere to a new version which included those packs with a reasonable upgrade price. Noticed they are now offering "exclusive" FX with those extensions, so good to see they are following the gaming business model of developing core features and offloading them to "expansions".

Edited by Carl Ewing

Since getting Nylon Sky, I've been working on a video comparing it to my collection of nylon guitar VIs and it sounds the best.  Not the best features, but the best sound. I don't have the ones from Ample Sound or Ilya Efimov, though.

So in my opinion Nylon Sky is a top-level virtual instrument with a bonus Omni expansion.  For less than the price than many nylon guitar Vis.   $149 is fair.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

Yes it's much.

But i look at what company the mail is from. Knowing if i have an interest in a product from them. If i have then i read the mail. If i haven't, because i already bought what i needed from them, then i delete it without reading.

In that way i go through them pretty fast.

6 hours ago, jim137 said:

Does anybody actually look at them all though? At any time, not just BF? I might open this forum most days but I don't even look at most of the threads and whisper it quietly..........I hardly ever buy anything....  

Ssshhhh........don't let everyone know my dirty little secret. ;)

What I do buy is mostly from companies whose various "sales" are so predictable that I already know by now what the sale will be and when it will happen, so I just wait for that to happen and act accordingly. There really are very few surprises from the vendors of products that interest me.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:05 AM, jim137 said:

The Tiger The Frog categorized sales page at VI-Control is getting close to filling up the entire first page (and is already longer than last year)

Anybody else thinking that it's still Saturday, and cyber-Monday deals haven't been announced yet?...