Focsrite ISA ONE

chuckebaby

Hey gents, im wondering if any of you use the DI portion of the ISA ONE with a DAW.

Im confused as to weather or not the DI signal passes through Pre amp or not.

I just picked one up, haven't even used it yet. Im very sure on how to use The pre amp section for Mic's, just wondering about the DI.

Thanks, Chuck

Hey Chuck,

heres the link to the user guide download 

https://pro.focusrite.com/category/mic-pres/item/isa-one

I think this could be the answer from the user guide. 

...”The optional ADC can convert two separate channels of audio. The second of the two channels received at the ADC Input is determined by a connection on the rear panel. With no signal connected to EXT I/P, the second channel is fed from the DI (Instrument) input on the front panel. Connecting a signal to EXT I/P makes that signal replace the instrument as the second channel going into the ADC. The first channel, however, will always be the main mic/line/inst input selected by the INPUT switch on the front panel. The LED meters on the front panel can be used to view the levels of the two channels received at the ADC input.”

Hope that helps. 

Edited by MUDGEL

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:20 AM, Tezza said:

I've got a chance to get one of these cheap, it has the analogue digital card added, just tossing up what the thing does and whether it's worth it.

Its a Microphone pre amp with built in DI/DI Thru support/

The Focusrite ISA (with the Lindell transformers) are some of the best Pres ever made. They were designed by Rupert Neve,

I use the Focusrite isa one for both the preamp and DI. Both work great. I particularly use the DI and it appears I am getting a very clean sound from my electric guitar. My understanding is the DI is totally separate from the preamp. And the additional card (still wildly overpriced) just offers some different output possibilities. Frankly I never really had a use for the card, so I never felt the price warranted getting one. 

But otherwise the ISA one is a regular step in my audio setup. 

• Like 1