If you were wondering...

Russell White

Hi people,

I've finally made it over to the new forum. Hopefully I'll see a lot of the old crew here as well. I've had a long break from writing and mixing, and am getting back into it now, I still mix through headphones (Delivery of monitors on Tuesday).

The 1st track that I've produced is for an East West competition, I've call it If you were wondering. I had to use all East West VST, but mainly their new Opera instrument. Ithought it would be fun to do a take on Eurovision, This would be my entry...

https://facebook.wizehive.com/voting/view/voices-of-opera-demo-contest/56915/5758080/0 

https://www.bandlab.com/russ_white/eurovision2019-110519-ae590bc9

Please vote and listen. All feedback is warmly welcome.

Many thanks

Russ

• Like 1

Russ, I just listened to this twice because it really sparked my imagination.  I love this track and think it could be stellar with just a tweak or two.  I'm missing some lo/mid punch when the drums kick in, and overall in general.  Just a bit more warmth and this is as good as gold.  Your use of textures and layers is terrific.  Good luck in the contest.

22 minutes ago, Lynn said:

Russ, I just listened to this twice because it really sparked my imagination.  I love this track and think it could be stellar with just a tweak or two.  I'm missing some lo/mid punch when the drums kick in, and overall in general.  Just a bit more warmth and this is as good as gold.  Your use of textures and layers is terrific.  Good luck in the contest.

Lynn,

Good to hear from you again, and such kind words, perhaps I can get the drums and warmth right when I start mixing in monitors! 

Thanks for listening and I'm pleased that you find this Eurovision type piece an inspiration. :) 

• Like 1

If it ain't Russ White! Nice to see and hear you back!

What a quirky deal you have here! I'm not familiar with the library. For me that lady's voice could use more reverb, I think she wants to be epic. I'd also get to the drums sooner, they have a fun almost psycho-billy beat that juxtaposes nicely. The Euro crowd will like that, I'm guessing.

cool deal, Russ, I might just get on Facebook so I can vote you up!

cheers,

-Tom