PlugInGuru: Unify $69 / 51% off all libraries (excluding Planet Pluck)

Bad Penguin

Unify is stable, and fairly low on PC resources. You can load up as many layers as your PC can take, and route various MIDI controllers to various macro knobs. And with the MIDI patterns in the various patches adding arpeggios, rhythm patterns, etc, you can make a lot happen by pressing a few notes and turning some knobs!

I've never used it live, but that use case could cover a wide range of workflows, so without knowing how your setup works it might be hard to say if it would work for you. Try the demo for free to assess it for yourself!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Unify is stable, and fairly low on PC resources. You can load up as many layers as your PC can take, and route various MIDI controllers to various macro knobs. And with the MIDI patterns in the various patches adding arpeggios, rhythm patterns, etc, you can make a lot happen by pressing a few notes and turning some knobs!

I've never used it live, but that use case could cover a wide range of workflows, so without knowing how your setup works it might be hard to say if it would work for you. Try the demo for free to assess it for yourself!

I don't use it live either; however, I've always thought it would be perfect for that. It can easily be a one man band. 

1 hour ago, Spice3d said:

I don't use it live either; however, I've always thought it would be perfect for that. It can easily be a one man band. 

Exactly! Recommend for anyone to watch a few live stream videos on John "Skippy" Lehmkuhl's YouTube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/c/PlugInGuruVideo/videos

He loves giving sound design tutorials! As a former Korg employee, and long time sound designer, he excels in bringing out the best sounds in any synth, including Spectrasonics Omnisphere.

Unify is a two man show, with Skippy doing the sound design, and developer Shane Dunne, PhD Computer Science, https://getdunne.com/ doing the coding. Skippy has done sound design on the following https://www.pluginguru.com/about/:

• Korg M1 (PCM and Patch Sound Cards)
  • Korg M3R (factory voicing)
  • Korg O1W Series (factory voicing)
  • Korg Trinity Series (factory voicing)
  • Korg Triton Series (factory voicing and PCM Sound Cards)
  • Korg Wavestation (factory voicing, PCM and Sound Cards)
  • Korg Wavestation A/D (factory voicing)
  • Korg Wavestation WSSR (factory voicing and PCM Sound Cards)
  • Korg S-3 Component Drum Machine (factory voicing)
  • Roland JV-1080 (HipHop PCM Expansion card (created of the loops))
  • Korg KARMA Workstation (factory voicing)
  • Yamaha TX-16W (sample libraries)
  • Roland V-Synth V1 (factory voicing)
  • Roland XV-5080 (factory drum kits)
  • Alesis DM Pro (factory voicing of kits)
  • Korg Wavedrum (DSP algorithm design and factory voicing)
  • Korg Z-1 (factory voicing)
  • Korg OASYS (factory voicing)
  • Korg M50 (factory voicing)
  • Korg M3 (factory voicing)
  • Korg TR (factory voicing)
  • Spectrasonics Atmosphere Plug-In (beta testing & limited voicing)
  • Spectrasonics Trilogy Plug-In (beta testing & 200+ synth bass patches)
  • Spectrasonics Omnisphere (beta testing and limited voicing)
  • Camel Audio Alchemy (beta testing, factory and patch bank voicing)
  • Native Instruments Absynth (voicing on v1 of Absynth (pre-NI) & voicing for Absynth Sounds Vol. 1 )
  • Like 1

Can anyone who has purchased Unify comment on the EULA with respect to how many computer it can be installed on concurrently, and how many times it can be installed?

e.g. 2 computers concurrently (such as a laptop and a desktop) and  4 installs in case the drive/computer craps out and you have to reinstall, or you want to switch to a newer laptop/desktop.

I have puase as the webpage for Cloud City vol. 1 has this wording

This library is encrypted and a license with 5 activations is provided with your purchase.

PlugInGuru CloudCity V1

Does PlugInGuru mean "active authorizations" or "total authorizations"?

Toontrack gives me a warm feeling, as they are willing to reset the "total authorizations" if I have really, really bad luck with drives/computers [or since Unify runs in each cpu core, grab a workstation with an AMD 3990 with 64 cores/128 threads] in the next few years:

How many computers can I install my product(s) on?

Toontrack allows two(2) active authorizations at one time with four(4) total authorizations. This means that you can have two computers authorized to use your Toontrack product concurrently (however not in use at the same time, as per the EULA). One common example is that the user have one permanent studio computer and also one laptop. If you decide that you want to change the computers that are actively authorized you can simply remove their authorization in your Toontrack account and add another one.

For example: if you have two computers actively authorized to use your software and you would like to add a third one, you would remove one of the currently active authorizations from your Toontrack.com account and then add an additional active authorization. In this example your active authorizations would be 2 of 2 and your Total authorizations would be 3 of 4.

While Toontrack can never add active authorizations to your account we can reset your total authorizations if you end up needing more than four.

43 minutes ago, asprog said:

Not tried but I saw somewhere than you must open the standalone before launching your daw…

Thanks, that did the trick! I played around with it a bit. I don't love the interface, but it sure seems quite powerful, and the limited samples/presets in the demo sound great. It also feels a bit scary - like something that you'd have to learn to adjust to, instead of figuring out an easy/quick way to integrate it into your workflow.