SanDisk - Ultra 1.024 TB Internal SATA Solid State Drive

cclarry

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

In saying that, mine are just resting within the drive bay. It's not as if I move the PC much at all.

Exactly....there are no moving parts...so there are no worries with just setting them in there.
That's exactly what I do...so, unless you are OCD about them being mounted, there really is
no need.

Edited by cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:
3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

In saying that, mine are just resting within the drive bay. It's not as if I move the PC much at all.

Exactly....there are no moving parts...so there are no worries with just setting them in there.
That's exactly what I do...so, unless you are OCD about them being mounted, there really is
no need.

+1, Samsung's don't come with any mounting brackets, so my 850 is sitting on the bay floor as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim Roseberry said:

If the drive bays don't have provisions for mounting 2.5" drives:

• Inexpensive adapters that'll fit two 2.5" drives in a 3.5" bay
  • 5.25" Removable bay that houses four 2.5" drives 
  • There's also velcro and tape  😉

Those cable twist ties could work too.  I'm thinking when those drive adapters go on sale for $2 just buy a lot of them.  

• Like 1

Back up to 119.00 now.  I have had such good luck with Samsung I ended up with an Ultra SATAIII 860. Not as big. Not a steal deal. Not a bad deal either.

Thanks for posting this. I should have jumped sooner on it.  Samsung is peace of mind for me. Maybe a false sense of peace.