Exporting as Wave - Level Issue

1 hour ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi,

I am exporting my entire mix as a .wav file but the sound level of the .wav file when played is not as loud as the same tracks when played  through CbB.

Any ideas?

regards

paul

This sounds like a routing and/or export setting issue.

Make sure your export settings are correct. You can use entire mix or main outs 1/2 as your source. I like using Entire mix myself

Here is how your project routing should look like:

• Make sure ALL  your tracks are routed to the Master Bus. 
  • Master bus is routed to your Main Outs 1/2
  • All Sends go to Bus's
  • All Bus's go to the Master Bus
  • Like 1

^^^ This.

FIrst step is to determine whether the levels are really lower or if it's just because it's different software that's doing the playback. Quickest way to do that is what Chuck suggests: import the wave file back into your project and A/B it against the mix as you hear it normally within CbB.

If the exported wave is indeed lower in volume, then you have a routing issue. The quickest way to determine if all tracks are actually going to the master bus, simply mute the master bus during playback. Everything should go silent. If not, then you have some tracks that are going straight to hardware.

Whenever addressing this kind of mystery, try to use objective measurements rather than your ears. If the exported file has the same maximum peak and RMS values as what the meters read at the master bus, then you can be confident that the two files truly are the same, regardless of what you may be hearing.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses they're greatly appreciated.

I was comparing the sound level of CbB to Windows Media Player + when a/b ing it in CbB there is no difference in level.

My previous efforts did not have so marked a difference in volume, but you live and learn.

Thanks again + long live CbB.

regards

paul

• Like 2