The Universe - video

bjornpdx

The birth and death and maybe re-birth of the universe in under five minutes.

Using DaVinci Resolve with some video clips from Pixabay and iStock.

Soundtrack
NI Reaktor
Kontakt   Rise and Hit
Arturia  CS-80
Air Music Hybrid
Omnisphere
Cherry Audio  Memorymode

Thanks for watching/commenting.

-Bjorn

• Like 5

Bjorn . . . very interesting 5 minutes I just spent, a lot of thought went into this piece, lots of great imagery to follow  along with your spacy synth collection.

The narrative in your video is very insightful, and kept my interest along the way . . . of course I've heard all these theories before, but your spin on it (set to music) was really well done I thought. I watched an episode of NOVA this last weekend about black holes, the centers of galaxies, and it kind of wrecks the brain when trying to grasp what they are finding out about our universe in recent years. 

• Like 1

I was flipping back and forth, hearing the captions read in the voice of Carl Sagan or Morgan Freeman.

Lovely floaty synth with well-crafted visual choices, very good job Bjorn! It got me thinking big thoughts in my small mind.

If before there was anything there was nothing, that requires the negation of Lavoisier's law of conservation, which is mighty hard to let go of.

• Like 1

beautiful combination and balance of science, soundtrack and music....better music than what I hear on the Science Channel's "How the Universe Works" (which is one of the few television series I enjoy watching when not doing music)....nice sequencer sounds....relaxing synth's....enjoy watching your work very much 🎶🚀🎞️

• Like 1

Nicely done Bjorn - I really enjoyed watching this video.  You have developed a talent for making creative videos and the accompanying musical scores. The mix of the score sounded top-notch to my ears.

Regarding the content - what if there are multiple universes - and if so, what does that mean? What is beyond our universe or multiple universes?  Fun to think about that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Noynekker - I'm in complete awe of astronomers who come up with theories about black holes and such from observation and high level math which I can't even begin to grasp.

Tom - I thought about doing a narration but decided it would interfere with the music. Also my voice would suck.

Larry T - Thanks Larry!

Wookie - TD came up with highly inventive patterns and sounds using the tech of their time. Wonder if they would even try to do the same today since there are so many presets available all ready for tweaking.

Steve - Thanks Steve!

Antler - I made the video first. The 1st part mostly needed sound effects so had to find the right sound and sync it. The 2nd part I edited to make it fit a score I had already written.

Doug - yeah, you try to be logical to how things came about but then you get into the mind blowing stuff and shrug. This is where religion comes in I guess.

tom - Thanks. Appreciate it!

WOW-- excellent summary in about 5 minutes!!  The visuals are great and the music is tied in perfectly with the scenes and story.  You have outdone even yourself!  The subject is indeed mind boggling.  Now that the quantum physicist are coming up with hypothesis about dark matter, dark energy, the transition from energy to matter (and visa versa), subatomic particles throughout the universe, etc. the relationships among the extremely large (Relativity) together with the unimaginably small (quantum physics) are growing at almost an exponential rate.  My mind hurts every time I learn something new about this subject.  It does bring up the thought --what's it all about?

Anyway, back to Earth.  This is a well done piece of which you can take some pride!