ezBass Crashes Bandlab

AndyB01

Hi Folks

Opened an existing project, tried to add an ezBass track, clicked the default options, Bandlab throws a minidump crash report and exits. Happens every time on that project - other instruments can be added just fine

That's it - I'm on the latest stable version.

Anyone else or just me?

Andy

18 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Opened an existing project, tried to add an ezBass track, clicked the default options, Bandlab throws a minidump crash report and exits. Happens every time on that project - other instruments can be added just fine

That's it - I'm on the latest stable version.

Anyone else or just me?

Andy

This also happened to me.   I was not sure if it was EZBass or Cakewalk.  New projects were fine (adding EZBass in set up).  But this one project it kept crashing.  I ended up transferring my main tracks to a new project and there was no more problem (other than the time factor of rebuilding the project).

For now I suggest that you create a new project, add EZBass (even if you are not ready for it yet) and start your work.  I have not approached support for either app at this time.  I can tell you that this started happening after the last update of EZBass along with the  2021-10 release of Cakewalk (this is why I do not know whom to suspect). 

Making a template with all your required elements (bass, drums, guitar app) might help avoid this situation for now . . .

The dump file is from EZBass - I was too busy to try to analyze the dump to see what had happened.  I did not see a dump from Cakewalk though.  In my case, cakewalk did crash, but I think it was because of EZBass.  Perhaps setting the debug level in Cakewalk could help gather more info . . .   I'm just busy at the moment and don't feel like being sidetracked (if I have a solution that is working).

Anyone experiencing this and finds the solution to the problem, please post it here for all to see . . .   I have to believe at this point that other are having this problem also.

Thanks,

Syphus

• Thanks 1

Possibly related.... I've been having a crash problem using the Sampletank4 VST3 (or VST2 version) with Cakewalk on my music PC, although STank4 works fine in standalone mode and SampleTank3 works fine as a VST and standalone. However, on my desktop PC, ST4 works correctly with CW.

I have filed a support request with IK Multimedia, and got an interim response from them. The support tech guy was having a similar CW crashing problem using their Amplitude product, and they are narrowing down to a recent Win10 update that altered some internal operating system parameter that ST4 uses. My desktop PC is indeed using an older release of Win10, so I'm temporarily freezing Win10 updating, but I don't want to mess with trying to backout an update(s) from the music PC.

Per the  IKM support tech they are making program changes and will be testing soon to see if that is the solution.

If IK Multimedia has potentially found a Win10 operating system issue, it may also be affecting the EZBass/Toontrack issue, which means the application vendor may have to make changes.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

VST 2 working fine here. On the Studio rig and on the office rig (both are StudoCats).

t

If you have the Classic Rock add on, the volume starts out very low, if you expand « Effects »  its down to zero. If you bump it up, dock the vst in the multi dock then collapse EZ Bass, it loses the volume focus and goes back to zero (ie no sound). All other add ons are ok.

This happens in the VST3 and 2 versions, but not stand alone. I have opened a ticket with Toontrack. According to a thread on their website, for the vst3 version its an issue.

J

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...