Kontakt crashes always(solved mysteriously)

kakku

Hi great forum people. When I add kontakt in bandlab it always crashes. Luckily i made guitar templates when kontakt did not crash. Using templates I can use the guitar vst but cannot open kontakt or it will crash.  First it freezes and then gives a kernel crash text. i think i have to uninstall vocalise. I can use kontakt without bandlab 

Edited by kakku

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Try re-scanning your VST's. It may be that you've updated Kontakt and CbB hasn't re-scanned since?

Thanks for the tip msmcleod. I tried scanning with different settings and reinstalled but no improvement. Luckily i can still use the kontakt guitar with the template 'trick' 

I use Kontakt a lot in Cakewalk, I've not had any problems with it at all. I am on windows 7 sp2 and convenience update (not updated) and Komplete Ultimate 10 (not updated) with other Kontakt instruments as well. I also do not have any problems using the non-Kontakt instruments with Cakewalk like Massive, FM8, Battery, Guitar Rig etc.

38 minutes ago, Tezza said:

I use Kontakt a lot in Cakewalk, I've not had any problems with it at all. I am on windows 7 sp2 and convenience update (not updated) and Komplete Ultimate 10 (not updated) with other Kontakt instruments as well. I also do not have any problems using the non-Kontakt instruments with Cakewalk like Massive, FM8, Battery, Guitar Rig etc.

Thanks for commenting. I also used kontakt without worries until I installed vocalise 2. I guess  I need to uninstall it

I don't have that one but it is a Kontakt instrument so I wonder what is the difference between that one and the others? maybe installation paths for samples are not right or something? You might try contacting Heavyocity to see if they have any explanation.

19 hours ago, Tezza said:

I don't have that one but it is a Kontakt instrument so I wonder what is the difference between that one and the others? maybe installation paths for samples are not right or something? You might try contacting Heavyocity to see if they have any explanation.

Thanks for the tips 

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I'm trying to help my bro. install his NI vst's  like; Kontakt and kompletcontrol ect.. into Cakewalk bnb. what folder or file do I point the scanner to for those?

I suppose it needs one with a dll. I can't seem to locate the right source, does anyone know for sure or have a good idea, much appreciated

2 minutes ago, Steven Krawczyn said:

Hi, I'm trying to help my bro. install his NI vst's  like; Kontakt and kompletcontrol ect.. into Cakewalk bnb. what folder or file do I point the scanner to for those?

I suppose it needs one with a dll. I can't seem to locate the right source, does anyone know for sure or have a good idea, much appreciated

This is where NI has put all its VST DLL's on my machine:

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit\
C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 32 bit\

... so just add those two paths.

Thanks for the reply, but under c:\ Program Files\Native instrument\        then  theres no vst pllugins folder,        just seperate folders for kontakt5, battery4, absynth 5, kompletecontrol ect.  and they don't contain a dll.file.   just documentation and licensing files,   care to try again ? please

Well I dove through the  files a bit more and they contain an application file for each you can see in windows 10 file explorer.  He bought the Komplete

control 10 pk. and I don't know how the midi controller effects the other vst.s as far as interfering with access to the individual inst.s 

again, I can only find or see application files in windows file explorer.  no dll.s

Thanks for all the help, I found some info in a video that nailed it, in Native access you can find your install path anytime you need for any installed items, WOW.

someone please post that to every forum page...... should relax allot of gluteus maximus

Thanks for all the help, I found some info in a video that nailed it, in Native access you can find your install path anytime you need for any installed items, WOW.

someone please post that to every forum page...... should relax allot of gluteus maximus

I never would have found what I needed, the files were installed in a vst folder for Fl studio 12