THIS has been the CRAZIEST Black Friday EVER!

cclarry

1 hour ago, Carl Ewing said:

Although that Spitfire Black Weekend Collection (Albion Neo, Bernard Hermann, Alternative Strings and Aperture) for $700

I know it's 2021 but $700 for three  kontakt libraries (and a freebie) doesn't seem like a deal to me ? and that's half price...............

(full kontact not required :) )

Edited by simon

7 minutes ago, simon said:

I know it's 2021 but $700 for three  kontakt libraries (and a freebie) doesn't seem like a deal to me ? and that's half price...............

(full kontact not required :) )

Like I said - IF you specifically want those libraries. Even with all of them individually on sale, it's still $250 cheaper as a bundle. So when are you going to get all of them on sale at the same time, with the freebie, which will be $200+ after Black Friday? So you'd be waiting for all 4 to be discounted.

You'd basically have to wait till each of them individually went on super sale, or wait for an even better overall discount. OP asked for once a year deals, and this would be it. Again, if you want these specific libraries.

Could be argued they are all over priced in the first place, but hey, I'm just going by the regular price vs. waiting an eternity for Spitfire to discount all of them even further in the future.

Edited by Carl Ewing

1 minute ago, Carl Ewing said:

Like I said - IF you specifically want those libraries. Even with all of them individually on sale, it's still $250 cheaper as a bundle

I know, and apologies I didn't mean to sound snarky 🕊️

What I meant is that we are living in a world where $700 for some mass market sampled sounds for 3rd party sample player is considered a good deal - it's a bit mind blowing when you take a step back.

• Like 1

Just now, simon said:

What I meant is that we are living in a world where $700 for some mass market sampled sounds for 3rd party sample player is considered a good deal - it's a bit mind blowing when you take a step back.

Totally agree. I want that Collection, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Learned my lesson overpaying for Spitfire libraries that I end up not using as much as I thought I would. I could upgrade my Komplete 12 CE for $400 and get WAY more usable stuff (Noir, Cremona, Mysteria, Raum, Play Series, Pharlight, Straylight and on and on.) Seems a bit absurd.

17 minutes ago, simon said:

Well, when you REALLY think about...that $700 was only ONE plugin only a few years back...

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Well, when you REALLY think about...that $700 was only ONE plugin only a few years back...

I think that's still the full, undiscounted price of most of the PA / Waves plugins ....or $29.99 if you wait for a week or two.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

Totally agree. I want that Collection, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Learned my lesson overpaying for Spitfire libraries that I end up not using as much as I thought I would. I could upgrade my Komplete 12 CE for $400 and get WAY more usable stuff (Noir, Cremona, Mysteria, Raum, Play Series, Pharlight, Straylight and on and on.) Seems a bit absurd.

that Cremona stuff is amazing IMO 

I've only got a few Spitfire libraries and wouldn't describe them as value for money - plus some of them are still quite buggy - I've reported the bugs to support and been told 'we are committed to fixing bugs on all current products but we have no timeframe...etc.etc.etc'

If money were no object I'd buy the lot but even heavily discounted I don't think they are great value ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

True...but that ACTUALLY was a time where that $700 was the DISCOUNT price....

I remember when I was new to this whole 'deals' thing.   I saw Waves Diamond bundle for sale reduced from about $2000 or something down to $300 and I thought AMAZING......I've learned a lot since then....mainly that it's not about the plugins/samples/daw but about the talent :D

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 minutes ago, simon said:

....mainly that it's not about the plugins/samples/daw but about the talent :D

THAT is an absolute FACT.  I've made that point MULTIPLE times here...

Zak Wyldd can take a "Hello Kitty" Guitar and be amazing...

I can take a $5,000 PRS...and I'm still "Mediocre" at best...

A GREAT Mix Engineer...can mix on cheap computer speakers...
I can mix on Genelecs...and I'm still "mediocre" at best...

TALENT first....developed and honed...

Tools afterwards...THAT'S how it's done

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

THAT is an absolute FACT.  I've made that point MULTIPLE times here...

Zak Wyldd can take a "Hello Kitty" Guitar and be amazing...

I can take a $5,000 PRS...and I'm still "Mediocre" at best...

A GREAT Mix Engineer...can mix on cheap computer speakers...
I can mix on Genelecs...and I'm still "mediocre" at best...

TALENT first....developed and honed...

Tools afterwards...THAT'S how it's done

I'm sure you're not mediocre in any sense Larry but do I agree with everything else you say....as always 

I'm trying not to subscribe to Disney+ to watch the amazing looking "Get Back"  but I bet you never hear them discussing 'value for money' during the entire 8 hours of the series.......although I do believe Zak Wyldd posts here under a pseudonym (Fleer possibly?) because he's desperate to save $50 on an IKM amp sim, he missed the Group Buy apparently.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

The Sad part is...the vast majority are not very good sales!

This year I've taken the view that if it's a very old plugin or library then, even if the discount is good, I'm not buying. 

My reasoning follows that of a library music owner who said: when a new library comes out, for the next 6 months you will get thousand of tracks made using that library. By the end of the year you don't want to hear another track using that sound.

The number of bundled old libraries does not justify paying the money if the sound is already redundant.

IMHO

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sarine said:

I just got myself a new acoustic guitar, second-hand. I already have most of the digijunk I'll ever need, and the missing pieces are quite specific and none of them essential.

Nice! Does it come with round robins? How many velocity levels? Was the licence transfer process simple?