UVI Mello AD Exclusive

cclarry

12 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have Mello. It's meh. But I really haven't used it since buying GForce's M-tron Pro, which I think is superb and currently on sale for half off.  Highly recommended. 

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/m-tron-pro/

That's the Mellotron VI used by one of Gig Performer's developers when he tours. He's used it for years and speaks highly of it. Pricey, though, with all of the expansion packs, 11.3 GB worth. It's got a lot of features not available on UVI's Mello, like dual layers with independent controls for each layer.

38 minutes ago, John Maar said:

That's the Mellotron VI used by one of Gig Performer's developers when he tours. He's used it for years and speaks highly of it. Pricey, though, with all of the expansion packs, 11.3 GB worth. It's got a lot of features not available on UVI's Mello, like dual layers with independent controls for each layer.

I know that a lot of legendary rock keyboardists I like, for example,Rick Wakeman, use the M-tron Pro. Right now the M-Tron Pro is only £49.99 and it has -- just guessing -- probably 10x the patches you'll find on the UVI Mello. I own A LOT of Mellotron libraries -- a lot -- including the first version of the one Dave Kerzner made for IK in Sampletank format  (Sampletron?) and in KONTAKT., Puremagnetik's tron library, Tronsonic's tron library and a bunch of others. But time after time, the M-Tron Pro is the one I reach for when I need a tron sound, you don't even need the expansions to be happy, it comes with 700+ patches derived from 200 tape banks. Personally, I only purchased on expansion, the M300, because I love the strings from that model. I don't know how many patches are in mellow, but I seem to recall that it's a really small number, I believe under 20 (I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong). 

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I know that a lot of legendary rock keyboardists I like, for example,Rick Wakeman, use the M-tron Pro. Right now the M-Tron Pro is only £49.99 and it has -- just guessing -- probably 10x the patches you'll find on the UVI Mello. I own A LOT of Mellotron libraries -- a lot -- including the first version of the one Dave Kerzner made for IK in Sampletank format  (Sampletron?) and in KONTAKT., Puremagnetik's tron library, Tronsonic's tron library and a bunch of others. But time after time, the M-Tron Pro is the one I reach for when I need a tron sound, you don't even need the expansions to be happy, it comes with 700+ patches derived from 200 tape banks. Personally, I only purchased on expansion, the M300, because I love the strings from that model. I don't know how many patches are in mellow, but I seem to recall that it's a really small number, I believe under 20 (I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong). 

I tried to purchase M-Tron Pro, but they only offer the price in British pounds. The exchange rate offered by PayPal is TERRIBLE. I refuse to pay it.

It's a great instrument- UVI Mellow.

Been around for a long time, still a good one to have around if you fancy a mellotron. Digital sensations is a nice set of old classic keyboards. Has a decent DX-7 copy among others. 

Edited by Starise