Glitchmachines Tactic & Polygon Sale (Exclusive)

cclarry

Would like to say: I got it and am browsing the presets, and it is, of course, worth at least 10X the ridiculous price of $5. Even if I never delve that deeply into it, just the presets are amazing. It seems strange to push this thing when most reading this can get it for under $5 with existing PB rewards credits, but hey, it must be told.

I had a hunch that it was Gltichmachines' answer to Break Tweaker (a favorite of mine). And by that I mean "sample-chewing drum sequencer." This one has randomization built into its (multiple) sequencers. Along with the usual Glitchmachines "FTL-capable spaceship control panel" array of controls.

I'm not even halfway through the presets and I can hear that there are some great breakdowns in there. It comes with the usual collection of Glitchmachines' excellently produced and curated samples, or load your own. I'll be trying some vocal and dialog samples just to see what happens.

Like Break Tweaker, it does its own thing, it doesn't respond to MIDI notes, it turns on when you hit play on the DAW.

@abacab or anyone else into rhythmic sound mangling, or who wants a messed-up sounding drum machine, just get this, don't even pause to think about it. Every Glitchmachines plug-in is, safe to say, unique, so no worries about duplicating something you already have.

Caveat: As with all Glitchmachines plug-ins, you may ask yourself "how do I work this?" But the question is really "where does that highway go to?"

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, abacab said:

they are neither boring or conventional!

To say the least.

Tactic is, for me so far, the most accessible of Glitchmachines' instruments. There is much value to be had in just using the preset beats. And because of the randomization controls, they don't have the sameness that can set in with other drum machines' stock rhythms.

Try setting up an arp with a synth that's good at it like Hybrid or Chromaphone, then let it run while you browse the presets. I don't yet know if it's the samples they supply or the processors in the plug-in itself, but they have some amazing 3-D effects going on, with beats appearing all over the place (the fact that I'm running it through R4 probably doesn't hurt).

• Great Idea 1