Toontrack Black Friday Deals Stage 4

Time+Space

Sorry to go off-topic, but I would like to say that I'm extremely annoyed when companies lower the prices of already discounted products during a sale. I just bought Hip-Hop EZX three days ago (it was on sale) and now Toontrack went and lowered the sale price by more than a half. That's over 20 euros I could've spent on something else.

The same thing happened with Amazonic's AMA I: I bought it during the recent sale and just a week later it became available significantly cheaper (about $40) at Plugin Boutique.

(We will not talk about IK's Total Studio MAX upgrade. It's still too soon.)

I understand that companies can price their products however they wish and I really wish these kinds of things didn't annoy me so, because in the big picture the amounts I have "lost" are not that big (though they do pile up). But annoy they do, and as a result I'm slowly learning that distrust, disloyalty, shrewdness and straight up unscrupulousness is the way to happiness with certain companies. And waiting until the very last hour of the sale.

I apologize for my rant but I just needed to get this off my chest.

And back to topic:

The price of New York Studios Vol. 3 looks good and I'll probably pick it up (on the last day). If you're interested in the Hip-Hop EZX, I think this is the cheapest it has ever been. Edit: Metal Foundry too. I paid €49 for it last year.

Edited by pseudopop

Just now, pseudopop said:

Sorry to go off-topic, but I would like to say that I'm extremly annoyed when companies lower the prices of already discounted products during a sale. I just bought Hip-Hop EZX three days ago (it was on sale) and now Toontrack went and lowered the sale price by more than a half. That's over 20 euros I could've spent on something else.

The same thing happened with Amazonic's AMA I: I bought it during the recent sale and just a week later it became available significantly cheaper (about $40) at Plugin Boutique.

(We will not talk about IK's Total Studio MAX upgrade. It's still too soon.)

I understand that companies can price they products however they wish and I really wish these kinds of things didn't annoy me so, because in the big picture the amounts I have "lost" are not that big (though they do pile up). But annoy they do, and as a result I'm slowly learning that distrust, disloyalty, shrewdness and straight up unscrupulousness is the way to happiness with certain companies. And waiting until the very last hour of the sale.

And back to topic:

The price of New York Studios Vol. 3 looks good and I'll probably pick it up (at the last day). If you're interested in the Hip-Hop EZX, I think is the cheapest it has ever been.

Good Points...if you write to whomever you bought it from, being that close,
they will usually do a refund of the difference...

• Great Idea 2

58 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Good Points...if you write to whomever you bought it from, being that close,
they will usually do a refund of the difference...

I bought AMA directly from Amazonic and, uh, words were exchanged but refund never came up. And considering that (allegedly) third of the money goes to the natives it somehow doesn't feel right to start demanding that money back. Good cause and all that.

But I guess I could contact BestService and see if they're willing to do something about the EZX. Thanks for bringing that up.

Edited by pseudopop
  • Like 1

Sorry for a TT n00bish ?

If one purchases SD3, in addition to the SDX's, it can also play EZX's?

At these prices, would it make any $en$e to (additionally) purchase EZX's for SD3? Or, just stick solely to SDX's?

Do the EZX's on sale duplicate the SDX's (on sale)? [e.g., I think "Progressive" comes in both EZX and SDX versions. Uncertain about "Hip Hop" and "Big RocK"]

Edited by Bad Penguin

36 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

can also play EZX's?

Yes.

37 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

(additionally) purchase EZX's for SD3?

the SDX libraries that are duplicated for EZDrummer are stripped down libraries.
For instance I have both "Legacy of Rock" and the much smaller "Classic Rock".
Typically I work with EZD, then as the project "matures", move over to Superior.

HTH,

t

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bad Penguin said:

Sorry for a TT n00bish ?

If one purchases SD3, in addition to the SDX's, it can also play EZX's?

At these prices, would it make any $en$e to (additionally) purchase EZX's for SD3? Or, just stick solely to SDX's?

Do the EZX's on sale duplicate the SDX's (on sale)? [e.g., I think "Progressive" comes in both EZX and SDX versions. Uncertain about "Hip Hop" and "Big RocK"]

Like DeeringAmps said, some EZX's are stripped down versions of the SDX's with the same name, but there are some EZX's that don't have a corresponding SDX.

In general, when compared to EZX's, SDX's have more instruments, more articulations, more round robins, more microphone options (I think), better positional sensing (if you use e-drums) and probably some other subtle differences I don't know of. You can also get the raw sound out of SDX's whereas EZX's are always pre-mixed, which may not be a problem for you.

You can also build a kit that has both EZX and SDX instruments, but you will probably notice a difference in the sounds. Whether it matters is of course subjective.

Aaand.... there's also the size difference. From my SSD:

EZX Rock Solid: 783 MB
EZX Reggae: 1.08 GB
EZX Hip-Hop: 1.73 GB

SDX Rock Warehouse: 17.6 GB
SDX Metal Machinery: 18 GB
SDX Indiependent: 24.4 GB
SDX Metal Foundry: 33.5 GB
SDX Progressive Foundry: 58.5 GB
SDX Death & Darkness: 169.3 GB

My strategy has been to buy whatever SDX I can get for cheap, but I try to select only those EZX's that bring something different to the table.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1