Hurricane.... (brace yourself)

treesha

Wrote this one before hurricanes became as destructive as they are now, so its missing devastation. Just wanted to do something a bit more fun after my last two. Thanks for listening and any feedback ! Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who is celebrating it. 

• Like 1

Fascinating piece Treesha . . . kind of a hurricane parody musically, but lyrically, it sounds like the real hurricane is at your door, but you've seen it all before, so no big worries . . . at least that's what I got from it . Nice clear mix, hurricanes are very NOW topically, at least where I live. Hope you're safe and keeping dry ?

• Like 1

I got a Tom Tom Club feeling from this! I like fun music about oddly serious subjects. Nice job here! You might bring the drums up in the mix, as the plinky panned synth/organ things were a fair bit louder than the kick and snare, at least in my headphones. YMMV of course.

Your lyrics, and the way you held certain syllables, very good! You could send this tune in to the Weather Channel, in case they get tired of the reporter-getting-blasted-by-the-wind-on-live-tv trope!

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 11:36 PM, noynekker said:

Fascinating piece Treesha . . . kind of a hurricane parody musically, but lyrically, it sounds like the real hurricane is at your door, but you've seen it all before, so no big worries . . . at least that's what I got from it . Nice clear mix, hurricanes are very NOW topically, at least where I live. Hope you're safe and keeping dry ?

Thanks for listening and your comment noynekker! Sorry you are in an area that deals with the now much more deadly hurricanes. I am in the high desert of AZ and we have other challenges (fires, hotter heat) but occasionally do get a hurricane here that comes up from the Gulf of Mexico, normally just makes heavy rain. When I grew up on Long Island we had hurricanes, and in PA also that were threatening more like my lyrics as in no big worries, nothing like today. Funny you got a parody vibe, I always appreciate the feedback here on the song forum because it is usually not what I was expecting ! 

On 11/25/2021 at 5:59 PM, bjornpdx said:

A fun song about...hurricanes. I really like how you did this one Treesha. All the little details delivered in short phrases works very well. I guess I would have put in a chorus but that's just me. Enjoyed this one a lot.
-Bjorn

Hi bjornpdx, thanks for listening and your comment. Glad you liked it. Honestly I didn't even notice it doesn't have a chorus and still wouldn't have thought about that if you hadn't mentioned it. As usual I just play around without too much planning most of the time. I will make a mental note to ask myself if I think a song should have a chorus in the future ha. Thanks again ! 

8 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

I got a Tom Tom Club feeling from this! I like fun music about oddly serious subjects. Nice job here! You might bring the drums up in the mix, as the plinky panned synth/organ things were a fair bit louder than the kick and snare, at least in my headphones. YMMV of course.

Your lyrics, and the way you held certain syllables, very good! You could send this tune in to the Weather Channel, in case they get tired of the reporter-getting-blasted-by-the-wind-on-live-tv trope!

Hi PhonoBrainer, thank you for listening and your comment, appreciate both. I will have to check out Tom Tom Club now that you mention it. I expected to get feedback that the drums were too prominent ha. I'm glad you mentioned appreciating the held syllables, I had fun doing the vocals this way. Yes those poor weather reporters deserve a break ! Thanks again 

Thanks David, appreciate the listen and your comment. Glad you enjoyed it even without a chorus, ha, I honestly didn't realize it had no chorus ! just did what I did. I guess I will leave it to the hurricane to break things down. I have had the pleasure of writing poetry for most of my adult life so thank you for appreciating my words too. 

Hi Starise, ha. Glad you were pleasantly surprised, I try not to terrify anyone, although my song Red Alert about the time a few years back when I  had a mandatory evacuation from a close wildfire is complete with the sirens, helicopters overhead, and newscast warnings. Now that was terrifying. Fortunately it did not destroy my home,  neighborhood or kill anyone around here ! Maybe I should keep all the music parts and change the words now that hurricanes are so deadly, and make it about a carnival coming to town...brace yourself the clowns approaching...Thanks for listening and comments