Amp Deal

Grem

With Black Friday deals rolling around, I thought about asking this here:

I have been asked by a family member to advise them on what kind of amp can he get that is a tube amp, is around $300 - $400 range, and can get a sound like (this is his description) "Looking for a dropped D , satan clearing his throat, straight from the bowels of hell kinda thing"

Any ideas suggestions where to start looking as far as brands? And the best deal on that amp?

6 minutes ago, Grem said:

With Black Friday deals rolling around, I thought about asking this here:

I have been asked by a family member to advise them on what kind of amp can he get that is a tube amp, is around $300 - $400 range, and can get a sound like (this is his description) "Looking for a dropped D , satan clearing his throat, straight from the bowels of hell kinda thing"

Any ideas suggestions where to start looking as far as brands? And the best deal on that amp?

You're talking in the "Used" catagory at that price...
I'd be checking Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Reverb, etc...

• Like 1

Just now, cclarry said:

You're talking in the "Used" catagory at that price...
I'd be checking Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Reverb, etc...

Agree.

If they are willing to budge on the specs (such as tube) then something like this would likley be promising paired with a 12 inch cab

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Diezel/VH-Micro-30W-Guitar-Amplifier-Head-Black-1500000361598.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CjwKCAiA4veMBhAMEiwAU4XRr9VHk-ahvQanM8HW7VU7TJ1-803WnDUpjajY2tImOKsdY93NpeSEWRoC1fcQAvD_BwE

• Like 2