Main Fader to control Volume

Craig Wojo

You have to make the master buss the default. Make sure all you tracks outputs are sent to the master buss  they are probably going directly to your interface

you can test this by muting the master buss. If you still hear audio then it is being bypassed 

Edited by Cactus Music

15 hours ago, Craig Wojo said:

Hi everyone,

Another newbie question.
In the console view, I would like to add a Main Strip to control the whole project volume.  I have a XTouch control surface for my controller.
Thank you and God bless,
Craig

I always control 'project volume' with my studio monitors, as the master bus and the main outs in my opinion should always be set to 0db (give or take a 0.5dB)

The 'project volume' levels are controlled with my studio monitors or some sort of controller, like the Mackie big knob or Central Station.

• Like 1

Being a newbie...  I'm lost.  Can't expect to just jump right on in. Going to the tutorials and start 101 and learn the right way.  There's just too much much for me to learn and stop hunting and searching for the answers to my questions.  I appreciate all your answers and will be back with knowledge and ready to answer others (and ask when I don't have the answers.)

Thank you everyone,

15 hours ago, Craig Wojo said:

Being a newbie...  I'm lost.  Can't expect to just jump right on in. Going to the tutorials and start 101 and learn the right way.  There's just too much much for me to learn and stop hunting and searching for the answers to my questions.  I appreciate all your answers and will be back with knowledge and ready to answer others (and ask when I don't have the answers.)

Thank you everyone,

Hey, ask all the questions you want right here. There's no shame in the quest for knowledge.

I'll try to break this down a bit,

- Audio and Midi tracks are typically sent to the Master Bus (or a Drum, Guitar, Exc Bus)

- The Master Bus is then sent to the Hardware Bus (that's your soundcard).

- To control Speaker volume, Use the dial on your Soundcard interface (if you have one).

- The Touch is defaulted to use the Master Bus but as Mark mentioned above, you can use the MCU preset menu to make changes.

• Like 1

936052861_ConsoleView.jpg.5030b55f46366320bf1b2b77b68183d9.jpg

In this view we see 3 sections. To the left are the tracks. In the middle is the buses that are user created to anything you want. To the far right is the hardware outs. 

You can route your tracks to any bus at will.   

177234625_ConsoleView2.jpg.720a0db60c5095f5bbfefd974ae41571.jpg

Here is the way tracks are routed to a bus. If you see the drop down just above the green test you will notice it says master. The tracks are routed to the master bus. 

The master bus in turn is routed to your hardware outs. This is the normal way for most users to set up a simple bus structure. 

I completely agree with Chuck. We are here to answer questions.

If the above is unclear it is not your fault but mine. 

• Like 2

HI:)

As you can see in the picture below I send all tracks to a Mix bus, which is going to the Master Bus.

the Master Out I send to ADAT Out 3 and this is muted so it is always on 0 dB in the Mix.

The Mix Out is going to Master Out, but I have a send to SPDIF Out, where I now can have my loudness to the Speakers....

--> which is controlled by my nearest reachable Rotor on my BCR2000!

Bassman.

CbB Outputs.png

Edited by Heinz Hupfer
  • Like 1