Steingberg Cubase 11 Pro

cclarry

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

Free Upgrade

Purchase and Register a boxed copy of Cubase Pro to receive an automatic upgrade to CUBASE PRO 11 for free!

Offer expires 12/31/22

Larry do we have to wait to register it or we can now and still get 12 ?

4 minutes ago, Zo said:

Larry do we have to wait to register it or we can now and still get 12 ?

From Steinberg support:

Free Grace Period Update to Cubase 12

Due to the upcoming change to a new, more user-friendly license management system, the release of Cubase 12 will be postponed to 2022. The exact date has not been set yet.

Nevertheless, the Grace Period for Cubase 12 already starts on November 10!

This means that as soon as Cubase 12 has been released, any Cubase 11 license activated after November 9, 2021 can be updated to the corresponding Cubase version (Cubase Pro 12, Cubase Artist 12 or Cubase Elements 12) for free.

A license is considered activated when it has been downloaded via the eLicenser Control Center after entering a valid activation code and saved on a USB-eLicenser (Cubase Pro 11, Cubase Artist 11) or in a Soft-eLicenser on the hard disk (Cubase Elements 11).

We will inform you about the technical details of the free Grace Period Update in due time.

2 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Since I already have 11 I wonder if I bought this 10.5->11 upgrade would it make Steiny think I have a newly registered 11 in the grace period for 12?

You should have asked me first we would have tried with my serial !!

Just now, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

So that qualifies for the free v12 as well?  I've got 10.5 now and have hesitated on 11 but I'd gladly pick that up to at least be ready for 12 free :)

yep this is what i just did Peter 

Due to the upcoming change to a new, more user-friendly license management system, the release of Cubase 12 will be postponed to 2022. The exact date has not been set yet.

Nevertheless, the Grace Period for Cubase 12 already starts on November 10!

This means that as soon as Cubase 12 has been released, any Cubase 11 license activated after November 9, 2021 can be updated to the corresponding Cubase version (Cubase Pro 12, Cubase Artist 12 or Cubase Elements 12) for free.

A license is considered activated when it has been downloaded via the eLicenser Control Center after entering a valid activation code and saved on a USB-eLicenser (Cubase Pro 11, Cubase Artist 11) or in a Soft-eLicenser on the hard disk (Cubase Elements 11).

2 minutes ago, Tezza said:

In my Steinberg account they are saying $166.00 AU to upgrade to 11 from my version which is 10, that's not too bad, does anyone know if that will mean I get 12 free in 2022?

"This means that as soon as Cubase 12 has been released, any Cubase 11 license activated after November 9, 2021 can be updated to the corresponding Cubase version (Cubase Pro 12, Cubase Artist 12 or Cubase Elements 12) for free."

Sounds like it to me

• Like 1

Yes, it seems that way looking on their site:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cubase 12 is coming

The next version of Cubase will bring not only inspiring new features and significant workflow improvements, but it will also be backed by new Steinberg Licensing. Cubase 12 will help you to create faster and focus on your music, with more flexibility on how and where you use Cubase.

Cubase 12 will be released in 2022, but we are starting the grace period today. This means that all Cubase versions activated from today onwards will be eligible for a free update to Cubase 12.

----------------------------------------------------------

I am having a hard time believing this is real though, the prospect of moving straight to 12 from 10 and also going dongle free for $166.00 AU is a bit exciting, surely it cannot be true!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

Since I already have 11 I wonder if I bought this 10.5->11 upgrade would it make Steiny think I have a newly registered 11 in the grace period for 12?

2 hours ago, Zo said:

You should have asked me first we would have tried with my serial !!

Yerp I should have. Waste $70. Live and learn, it's rare to pull the wool over the eyes of Steinberg. 😞