Cherry Audio New Offerings

cclarry

Picked up Quadra at Plugin Boutique for a song as I had built up some virtual cash.  (list £29) First impressions are very favourable. It sounds fantastic.

There may be a teething issue in the standalone as a piano sound seems to always be present regardless of the patch. This does not happen in the VST.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

50 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:
1 hour ago, scook said:

Cherry Audio store discount this bundle based on the products already purchased

😮Synth Stack 2 is $21.99 for me. A very inexpensive way to get Quadra! 🙂

yep, that is the best price for Quandra and part of the motivation for my original post

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

😮Synth Stack 2 is $21.99 for me. A very inexpensive way to get Quadra! 🙂

i do not have just quadra and mercury4 and  synth stack 2 upgrade price is $99....more than if i buy them separately...makes no sense...

7 minutes ago, dee said:

i do not have just quadra and mercury4 and  synth stack 2 upgrade price is $99....more than if i buy them separately...makes no sense...

The synth stack includes Voltage Modular Core, which I'm assuming you don't own.

I have all of the synths (besides Quadra) and Voltage Ignite, making my upgrade $77.

Quadra is exellent , even inspired to make a video but demo mod is badd .... i tested another synths and i have the feeling that it sound the same (same reverb , waveform ext) i'lm feeling only design and archytecture changes , but still good enougth .....

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Just an FYI: CA's Quadra includes a multi out *.dll and *.vst3.  Cakewalk's Track Pane Context Menu (Right Click > Insert Instrument > Advanced > Instrument Track Per Output) inserts 5 instrument tracks: (1) Stereo Mix (Output Mixer), (2) Bass, (3) Strings, (4) Poly Synth, (5) Lead Synth.  Its just like any multi output soft synth, but in the case of the CA Quadra the outputs are dedicated to the mix and the 4 parts.

And, yes, getting a substantial credit for "owning" other synths in the Synth Stack 2 during the end-of-year sale is a very nice musician oriented marketing strategy for musicians on a tight budget with internet-connected audio computers and who don't mind automatic updates on a daily basis (JMO).   

Edited by User 905133
(2) to modify opinion based on comments posted below;(1) to fix a typo (vst --> vst3)

5 hours ago, User 905133 said:

And, yes, getting a substantial credit for "owning" other synths in the Synth Stack 2 during the end-of-year sale is a very nice, musician oriented marketing strategy (JMO).

But what's not so nice, not musician friendly and not professional is that they DON'T SUPPORT OFFLINE ACTIVATION at all!

Several times I was interested in one of their synths, but this always stopped me !

3 hours ago, marled said:

But what's not so nice, not musician friendly and not professional is that they DON'T SUPPORT OFFLINE ACTIVATION at all!

Several times I was interested in one of their synths, but this always stopped me !

Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you.  I have respected musicians who want an audio computer unconnected to the internet. Clearly, their products do not meet your needs. I have products from other plug-in / soft synth makers. Now I am wondering which others don't have offline activation.  Thanks for sensitizing me to this issue.     

Edited by User 905133
typo correction (respect --> respected)
  • Like 1

It seems that the software industry in general is headed towards new normal > "Software as a service (SaaS)".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_as_a_service

Now going beyond the requirements of just a one-time online activation, among other things, software updates can be pushed out automatically at any time they are ready.

In my always connected DAW PC, I have noticed that whenever I fire up my Cherry Audio Voltage Modular it always checks for updated modules and software updates. I have "ask before downloading" checked in options.

So I can see that this software distribution model does not seem to favor those who wish to remain offline. All Cherry really needs to do is make an offline activation code available. Done! :)

Edited by abacab

42 minutes ago, abacab said:

It seems that the software industry in general is headed towards new normal > "Software as a service (SaaS)".

I could be wrong, but I thought when Windows 10 came out it was intentionally software as a service.  I seem to remember that was one of the major complaints about Windows 10 and one of the reasons why some of us were reluctant to give up XP SP3.  At least it was for me, but eventually I had no choice but to abandon XP.  (Well, my son, the computer scientist, has long railed against Windows, and I did try Linux, but none of my favorite music software worked under Linux.)

42 minutes ago, abacab said:

All Cherry really needs to do is make an offline activation code available. 

While I have given up on software as a non-service (not sure that's the right phrase), as a consumer of music software I would support a campaign to try to persuade Cherry Audio to incorporate offline activation and daily offline updates assuming it is a realistic possibility. 

51 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I could be wrong, but I thought when Windows 10 came out it was intentionally software as a service.

I remember hearing that line too, but I don't think it was ever meant to be a charge-recurring subscription service: the idea was that W10 was to be the last 'version' of Windows, and that subsequent updates would come out every annual quarter.

5 hours ago, marled said:

Is it such a big deal to get on the internet, do what you need to do and then get back off?

• Meh 1