Ikmultimedia Syntronik 2

Carlos  Iglesias

I tried various permutations of activating/deactivating stuff to make it work with the Syntronik Deluxe synths. Gave up after 20 minutes. It's bad enough that we have a product manager, a custom shop, and an authorization manager installed, presumably to automate things, and they can't cope with the most basic of tasks. It's even worse that they don't release clear instructions on how to deal with their own mess. It's like their devs tried installing it on top of Syntronik 1, failed miserably, then said eff it, let's release it, they're too busy upstairs selling the company for anyone to care. 

giphy.gif

• Great Idea 1

Tried endless "deauthorize-authorize-restore purchases" combinations and finally got it sorted.

This is the only way it worked for me, only in this exact order fixed it for me:

1- Deauthorize Syntronik 1

2- Deauthorize Syntronik 2

3- ONLY re-authorize Syntronik 2 (if it went well, you should see that Syntronik 1 automatically gets authorized as well)

4- Restore purchases on Custom Shop

5- Done (at least for me) - as a side note, if you installed your IK products in a different path than the default one, add it to the configuration of Syntronik 2 and rebuild the database

Edited by lupis
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

One thing for certain...the IK Product Manager is NOT all that is SHOULD be...

we have:

A Product Manager

2 versions of the custom shop

an older authorisation manager (that I had to use during the recent GB)

so plenty of 'management' going on :)

Plus I've just been hit by the BUY YOUR OWN DOWNLOAD 'bug' - there's an update to one of the syntronik libraries I have but I have to pay to download it...think I'll pass  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, simon said:

Plus I've just been hit by the BUY YOUR OWN DOWNLOAD 'bug' - there's an update to one of the syntronik libraries I have but I have to pay to download it...think I'll pass  

In the past you could download just the update if you logged into your account on the website, it would be separate (and available) from the core/base download.  Though several times IK messed that up (but I thought they fixed it when people complained).  I'm not sure the PM app really can handle the sounds being updated after your download has expired.  Try the website with your account.

1 hour ago, lupis said:

Tried endless "deauthorize-authorize-restore purchases" combinations and finally got it sorted.

This is the only way it worked for me, only in this exact order fixed it for me:

1- Deauthorize Syntronik 1

2- Deauthorize Syntronik 2

3- ONLY re-authorize Syntronik 2 (if it went well, you should see that Syntronik 1 automatically gets authorized as well)

4- Restore purchases on Custom Shop

5- Done (at least for me) - as a side note, if you installed your IK products in a different path than the default one, add it to the configuration of Syntronik 2 and rebuild the database

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

In the past you could download just the update if you logged into your account on the website

thanks Matthew - tried that but no luck

It does seem odd that you can't download updates or bug fixes .I'm not sure any of the other software vendors have this policy.....?  but it's those little things that make IKM 'special'.  Nobody buys IKM because they like the business model :D 

I wonder if IKMs new owners (when the deal goes through) will find some similar small print in their contract ?

There were some server-side fixes early this morning, and per support testing and dev teams this is what should fix any remaining issues (and going forward there shouldn't be authorization issues):

1) Open Syntronik 2 or SampleTank 4

2) Open the Custom Shop

3) Click your User Name in the Custom Shop's upper right-hand corner

4) Select "Restore My Purchases"

5) All sounds should now unlock

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

There were some server-side fixes early this morning, and per support testing and dev teams this is what should fix any remaining issues (and going forward there shouldn't be authorization issues):

1) Open Syntronik 2 or SampleTank 4

2) Open the Custom Shop

3) Click your User Name in the Custom Shop's upper right-hand corner

4) Select "Restore My Purchases"

5) All sounds should now unlock

I just tried doing that for Sampletank 4 (a few times actually) and unfortunately it did not work. I submitted a ticket yesterday for the original issue (which was that the SYN 1 libraries would not unlock in SYN 2), but after doing what lupis said, I got it to work this morning. So basically all is good in Syntronik 1 and 2, but Sampletank 4 still shows things locked.

I didn't use the application to get the sounds.  I downloaded them from the "My Products" page.   I didn't have problems installing.  I did the "de-authorize/ Authorize" maneuver and that was that. 

I like Syntronik 2 a lot. The sounds load a LOT faster.  There are a lot more effects.  If you load up the old Syntronik, you can see them.  The editing page from SampleTank is a nice addition, although it doesn't work with the old patches. 

All the sounds I tried loaded up fine.  But loading multis crashed Syntronik 2 constantly.   Also multis from the original Syntronik didn't sound good at all.  I did some comparisons.  Maybe I did something wrong in the install. 

I hope this can be fixed.  The multis are my favorite thing about Syntronik. 

Also, there didn't seem to be a lot of multis included with the new sounds. 

I will try support.

2 hours ago, Hurricane said:

I just tried doing that for Sampletank 4 (a few times actually) and unfortunately it did not work. I submitted a ticket yesterday for the original issue (which was that the SYN 1 libraries would not unlock in SYN 2), but after doing what lupis said, I got it to work this morning. So basically all is good in Syntronik 1 and 2, but Sampletank 4 still shows things locked.

So you re authorised also synth 1 ?

12 minutes ago, Fleer said:

The original Syntronik should have been optimized like this. 

Exact i have the feeling that the original witch i ve sold since i didn used , was really not optimised workflow wise , i grabbed it again during GB because of it was easier to use it in ST 4 

the new while far from perfect should have been a simple update ... i don t want to minimise ik efforts but seems like they re falling in the same trap as spectrasonics and NI , thinking more is better , we don t need 400 synths , we need a solid selection in a more solid interfacing area ... the way roland did it is better imho , 4 sounds , you select the area (vco , enveloppe, vcf and you have 4 partials displayed with the correspôding section , youncan adjust the 4 vcf ij one page witchbmakes sens , same for the adsr ect ...

• Like 1

i just went into IK Product Manager Syntronik 2.0.0  was waiting for me to download and  install.  After installation, I received a message about downloading the sounds from the Sounds tab in the product Manager.   I also had to update some other products like MODO Bass to 1.1.3,  T-Racks 5 Max to 5.8.0,  Amplitude5 to  5.20

NICE!!!!!!

Hey @Peter - IK Multimedia do you have any updates on the MAX $149.99 Upgrade not being available even though we have the Syntronik Deluxe from the GB?

When trying to choose it, it's grayed out and it says no qualifying products in the account - that only those with products on the list are eligible (but that item is on the list).

image.png.d993428b6871f17cd612ef79c885e3f6.png

Edited by Luc