Convolution Reverb?

dantarbill

PerfectSpace still worked fine last time I checked.  IIRC, it was Aleksey Vaneev who wrote it originally and licensed it to Cakewalk. He still has his more full-featured version of it, Pristine Space, available for sale. Unfortunately it was never ported to 64 bits. There are also a bunch of free IRs available from Voxengo.

If you have a strong aversion to 32-bit plugins, there's Reverberate 2 from LiquidSonics. It's got every bell 'n whistle you could ever want in a convolution reverb, but it'll set you back about $125 or so. And if you've got some serious coin rattling around your piggy bank, there's Altiverb. It's the choice of many folks who do post production, but rather pricey at over 500 bucks.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bitflipper said:

PerfectSpace still worked fine last time I checked.  IIRC, it was Aleksey Vaneev who wrote it originally and licensed it to Cakewalk. He still has his more full-featured version of it, Pristine Space, available for sale. Unfortunately it was never ported to 64 bits. There are also a bunch of free IRs available from Voxengo.

If you have a strong aversion to 32-bit plugins, there's Reverberate 2 from LiquidSonics. It's got every bell 'n whistle you could ever want in a convolution reverb, but it'll set you back about $125 or so. And if you've got some serious coin rattling around your piggy bank, there's Altiverb. It's the choice of many folks who do post production, but rather pricey at over 500 bucks.

I'm finally trying to commit to 64 bit since Cakewalk has gone 64 bit only...and some plugs are following suit.  I'm just now trying out JBridge to see what I can drag forward from 32 bit land.

I use East West Spaces, along with some other in-house stuff, like the built-in reverbs on my various synths, and Breverb. I use Spaces to tie it all tohether. If you catch EW on one of their 50% sales, it's a steal. It has a great rep, I've never heard anything negative about it.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Twisted Fingers said:

Thanks Dan. I'd missed it. It's only available in the free bundle, which is fine.

Strange they say its free and then you have to pay $25.00 for the free bundle. So it's not really free as I don't require all the plugins advertised.  Am I missing something here?

19 minutes ago, Twisted Fingers said:

19 minutes ago, Twisted Fingers said:

Thanks. I'll take a look. 

Rematrix Solo is a great convolution reberb and has many useable presets to get you started, included ProChannel module as @scook has pointed out. So is Waves IR1 as @Twisted Fingers pointed out. If you would like to make your own "Impulses" for Convolution Reverbs, "Acoustic Mirror" a Sony Sound Forge exclusive is the ticket.

These days, the only #1 go to reverb plugin I use is Waves HReverb, which I believe is on sale directly from Waves for $49(us) as a very limited time offer.

"H" standing for "Hybrid" meaning it's MANY different types of reverbs with an extremely versatile GUI, allowing the users full control of parameters across all ranges of reverb types that normally would be associated with them... From vintage analog subtle room and space enhancements (the very thing that makes convolution reverbs so desirable), to just plain outlandish and flat out weird modern digital reverbs that are so coveted by sound designers, the HReveb can do it all, and does everything extremely well. HReverb also contains all the other associated FX modules for reverb in one single GUI. Things like it's own built in EQ and all the tools you need to shape and customize the reverb decay envelope beyond the standard linear forms, resulting in perfectly gated, real reverse, and dense reverb tails that don’t muddy up the mix in a very easy to use interface

Any novice user can learn a lot about what  reverb can actually do simply by exploring the 100's of very usable (as they are) professionally crafted presets right out of the box.

But with a bit of careful and considerate experimentation, all presets can very easily be tweaked to pure sonic sweetness.