IK Multimedia getting sold?

Fleer

That’s usually the goal.  Always felt IK was jacking up numbers by having customers buy the same products multiple times with the various promotions to justify a higher multiple in part due to “registered products”, etc. Would love to be a fly on the wall during due diligence.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevin H said:

Here is a more complete article…I don’t speak Italian so agree with Phonobrainer’s conclusion haha

https://bebeez.it/private-equity/testa-a-testa-tra-bregal-e-armira-per-le-app-musicali-di-ik-multimedia/

I do speak Italian. The article doesn't really say much beyond giving an overview of the various companies portfolios who are in competition to buy IK.

One thing I will say. These are investment companies which means they have little interest in the companies they buy. Their only intention will be to buy cheap then grow sales quickly and sell IK on at a profit.  It might be good for the consumer in the short term.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I do speak Italian. The article doesn't really say much beyond giving an overview of the various companies portfolios who are in competition to buy IK.

One thing I will say. These are investment companies which means they have little interest in the companies they buy. Their only intention will be to buy cheap then grow sales quickly and sell IK on at a profit.  It might be good for the consumer in the short term.

Unlikely since we all own everything they make.  

Seriously though, rarely do these things benefit the customer in a field where there is a rush to $0 (software side of the business) and the owner only cares about a return.   I'm sure they will take a look at the prices though, I have to imagine sales at "retail" prices are sparce.  And IK is big enough and been around long enough that having the investment for the sake of real expansion in the market is a bit unlikely.  

Will see, certainly want the company to thrive as they have good products with a fair authorization system.

• Like 2