Spitfire - The Ton - BF 2021

TracingArcs

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I'm seeing $91.79...is that the $10 discount price?

Yep, I believe so. Still, have to agree that it doesn’t seem that big of a deal. On the other hand, $45 each for reasonably large Kontakt Player libraries is not too shabby. 

• Like 1

Have to agree. I'm pleased the OA Evolutions is in. But that is the only thing (and it's 5 years old). Would have preferred The Chamber Evos like Fleer. I have enough electric pianos as it is. And also have BBC Discover. So will have to think what my 100 could get me elsewhere. EG Elements by the Ethera people, and something from Heavocity for the same price.

• Great Idea 1

7 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

@cclarryI'm making the ccLarry Dealometer a thing, Larry!  But I think you need to trademark it. It could be HUGE. I love the idea that you give a verdict on whether a deal is Larry worthy or not. It must happen!!! 

Companies should be beating down Larry's door to offer him sponsorship money.   Look we even have the seal of approval from Larry :D 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

@cclarryI'm making the ccLarry Dealometer a thing, Larry!  But I think you need to trademark it. It could be HUGE. I love the idea that you give a verdict on whether a deal is Larry worthy or not. It must happen!!! 

Yeah for me when I see King Lar say that something is $#!t I nod and stop reading and go shop for something else. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Personally I'm delighted that there's nothing in here that I want.  Another $91.79 to direct towards something I do want. 

@Reid Rosefelt, I think it was last year, when we were just starting to spend a bunch of time indoors due to the pandemic, I was watching a few of your videos -- I must admit, I find you a very interesting person (that's a compliment; I'm sure it can be misinterpreted in some unintended way!)  -- after I came across a post of yours with a video imbedded where you talked about accumulating a bunch of sample libraries and plugins to the point where you lose track of what you have and could easily buy the same thing again. That idea inspired me to make these templates in my DAW of all the sample libraries I have of upright pianos, grand pianos, baby grand pianos, cellos, violas, violins, acoustic guitars, acoustic drum kits, celestes, etc. this month -- to help me show some level of restraint during this Black Friday season.  It was a pretty valuable experience. Maybe you should repost that video right now and save other folks a lot of money! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Yeah for me when I see King Lar say that something is $#!t I nod and stop reading and go shop for something else. 

Exactly. Granted, I totally intended the humor value in my idea, but it's a serious idea too. Nobody has Larry's depth of knowledge of deals. I think Larry doesn't even realize the value of that knowledge. I think what I like even more is that influence marketing has created an army of shills -- people who will say anything for freebies and money. I'm a marketing professional and have been doing the profession and writing about it for decades, but the advent of influencer marketing is not something I think is a good thing for society, for consumers. It's incredibly difficult to discern when you're seeing an honest review and one where someone is motivated financially either by free product or money. Larry has built up a degree of trust with us.  Larry is no shill. He's hyper-opinionated and we may disagree strongly with his opinions. But I never doubt that those opinions are sincere, and because of that, I value even opinions that are very different than my own. 

Another thing Larry does that's telling, he doesn't post affiliate links. A lot of influencers -- read that most -- post affiliate links. It is the ultimate BS  / shilling when someone pretends to be objective and then is an affiliate. And that's coming from someone who has ran a major affiliate program.  Let's be clear, affiliates are salespeople for the products they're mentioning. There's nothing more to it. So, affiliates are a terrible place to look for objectivity. But since influencer marketing became mainstreamed, a heck of a lot of faux reviewers use affiliate marketing. And the reality is, in my consulting, I've steered brands to affiliates. I LOATHE the ethics of it, but it is a part of how companies promote these days. But it's really been a bad thing for consumers looking to honestly research products and services. 

Okay, rant over. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Exactly. Granted, I totally intended the humor value in my idea, but it's a serious idea too. Nobody has Larry's depth of knowledge of deals. I think Larry doesn't even realize the value of that knowledge. I think what I like even more is that influence marketing has created an army of shills -- people who will say anything for freebies and money. I'm a marketing professional and have been doing the profession and writing about it for decades, but the advent of influencer marketing is not something I think is a good thing for society, for consumers. It's incredibly difficult to discern when you're seeing an honest review and one where someone is motivated financially either by free product or money. Larry has built up a degree of trust with us.  Larry is no shill. He's hyper-opinionated and we may disagree strongly with his opinions. But I never doubt that those opinions are sincere, and because of that, I value even opinions that are very different than my own. 

Another thing Larry does that's telling, he doesn't post affiliate links. A lot of influencers -- read that most -- post affiliate links. It is the ultimate BS  / shilling when someone pretends to be objective and then is an affiliate. And that's coming from someone who has ran a major affiliate program.  Let's be clear, affiliates are salespeople for the products they're mentioning. There's nothing more to it. So, affiliates are a terrible place to look for objectivity. But since influencer marketing became mainstreamed, a heck of a lot of faux reviewers use affiliate marketing. And the reality is, in my consulting, I've steered brands to affiliates. I LOATHE the ethics of it, but it is a part of how companies promote these days. But it's really been a bad thing for consumers looking to honestly research products and services. 

Okay, rant over. 

Ha!   Interesting, Pavlov.  On one hand you're praising me for a video I did and on the other you're calling affiliate marketers shills--and I'm doing affiliate marketing on my Tiger the Frog BF post!  😀 I don't think you're calling me a shill--exactly.  But  thank you for your nice words about the videos. 

I don't think templates can save people from BF gas.  You have to work on templates all year long, so if you don't have them now, they won't help you.  For me they are mainly about composing.  What's the best piano or pad for this song?  And you've got them right there.

With BF, there's a limited window of time.    Even for me, with all my templates, I don't often head back to check them in depth.

But I am interested in the Wavesfactory Tack Piano now.  If I can find a moment I'm going to play with the one in Keyscape and the one in the UVI Suite.   Sometimes that's all I need to talk myself out of a purchase.

Here's the video:

• Like 2