Is there any way to import midi data into a different DAW?

Hi, I'm going into a recording studio and have a synth in Absynth called Green Chameleon which is kind of essential to the song but it pops and clicks and I can't get it to stop doing that. I was wondering is there any way to save the midi data and import it into whatever DAW they use there? If anyone has Absynth would it be possible if you could just check that Green Chameleon synth and press a key to hear it and see if there's any pops and clicks? I'm not sure whether it's meant to be part of the actual sound itself as it's got a slightly randomised quality so maybe it's part of the effect.

You can Save as a midi file - type 0 merges all midi data to a single track - Type 1 saves as separate midi channel information to 16 midi channel tracks.  Sounds like you should edit the synth though.

Sounds like the issue is with that specific Absynth patch.

You can run Absynth standalone or in another DAW application like Reaper (small download) to test.

If the glitches persist... but are limited to Absynth (and specifically that patch), then the issue is with the patch itself.

One way to think of MIDI is that it is like a plain text file.  Just words.  No fonts, sizes, colors, bold, italic, etc..   Every word processor can read a plain text file....

...just like every DAW can read a MIDI file.  And then apply all the fancy formatting.

I typically do it the easiest way possible (note: This way does not save tempo data).

1- Create a file entitled "The name of your song" in a Windows folder.

2-select the whole midi clip and choose "Bounce to clips".

3- Open the Browser and navigate to the folder you created.

4- Drag the midi track to the browser and drop it.

Done.

I do this for every project I create because if something ever happens to my Cakewalk project, I Can recover the audio files but because the midi files are part of the .CWP.. Your screwed. You cant recover them. you need a fail safe method, one which I outlined above.