Massive Damage

bayoubill

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Ironically, it's 80 degrees and sunny here in famously wet Seattle. (Psst. That rainfall myth is just what we tell Californians to keep them away.)

Psssst. I don't think its working.

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Ironically, it's 80 degrees and sunny here in famously wet Seattle. (Psst. That rainfall myth is just what we tell Californians to keep them away.)

'Tis true (doesn't work though😀).  I once checked out the stats and found that Portland Oregon actually gets less rain than many cities you never hear associated with rain.  But the weirdest fact was that Seattle gets the same amount as Portland only they have FAR more rainy days up there!  This is what has led to the Seattle weather forecasts of:

Misting

Just finished misting, and...

About to mist

🙂

4 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Looks like some californiyums saw through that one!

And fingers crossed for Bill!

Edited by emeraldsoul

Water started coming into the house. At that point we left for a motel. We can only wait to see what’s left of the house. Guitars and DAW  are safe . I am with XX and the dogs. We are safe. May be awhile so just in case

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

Edited by bayoubill
  • Like 2

I've noted that correlation, too. And now Denver has decriminalized shrooms. Will be interesting to see what kinds of unexpected consequences ensue.

OTOH, we've had a recent issue with airplanes falling out of the sky. That could be bad for the local economy. Luckily, we're still making completely reliable products such as Windows. And Amazon will soon be crashing drones into our homes and inventing a new sport: Skeet-shooting With Prizes. Oh well, we still supply toilet paper to the world (Weyerhauser), so there's that.  Now if we can just bring back Grunge...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bayoubill said:

Water started coming into the house. At that point we left for a motel. We can only wait to see what’s left of the house. Guitars and DAW  are safe . I am with XX and the dogs. We are safe. May be awhile so just in case

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

Hope your place doesn't get too much damage.

Hope it all pans out ok for you Bill. I admit I haven't been watching the weather forecasts much. Didn't even know there was a flood.  It's been raining here in SE PA. Nothing bad...and if my GPS is right I'm about 500 ft above sea level. I dread the day a twister finally makes it's way here. They happen occasionally and so far we have been lucky. I don't think my stick built house would do very well in that.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be very bad at all.

Yikes!

We got out of Houston just in time.  Not long after moving out to the sticks came the Memorial Day flood of 2015, the Tax Day flood of 2016 and then Harvey.

Each time, we were stuck in because the creeks came up over the roads but the only thing that got in the house was mud the dogs tracked in.

I often wonder what the hell possessed the Allen brothers to stop at Buffalo Bayou,  take a look around and say to each other " you know,  this swamp looks like the PERFECT place to build a city!"

4 minutes ago, bayoubill said:

Water is going down. Lake has crested. Hopefully can get back in soon. Another night in a motel.  It’s not as bad as projected so far that is as long as it quits raining 

Glad to hear your place survived Bill.