Acoustica Mixcraft and Mixcraft Pro

cclarry

Already Own Mixcraft? Up to 85% Off Upgrades!

Mixcraft registered users of any previous version receive up to 85% off upgrades - your price will be discounted up to 85% off MSRP!

What's New In 9!

Starting at $25, these are the LOWEST PRICES EVER! To receive an upgrade email purchase link, enter your registration email address below.
Sale ends January 22, 2022.

https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/upgrades

Really it is a nice DAW to have. I like their version of the Matrix :D  I only have regular not pro version and will upgrade for the $49 asking price next month. I also like that they give you sometime to buy the product at the sale price for budgeting reasons.  I know this one is only $49 for me but some other items give you like 72 hours to decide and it always seems to be right before my CC next billing cycle :(    

• Great Idea 1

Is the only difference between Recording and Pro that you get Modular Synthesis and Pianissimo in Pro?

I got Pianissimo in a Humble Bundle deal, and I rarely use it. Modular Syn doesn't look attractive enough a deal breaker for me.

Is there any other reason to upgrade from Studio to Pro?

Edited by Philip G Hunt

38 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Is the only difference between Recording and Pro that you get Modular Synthesis and Pianissimo in Pro?

I got Pianissimo in a Humble Bundle deal, and I rarely use it. Modular Syn doesn't look attractive enough a deal breaker for me.

According to their blurb, they are same except for the 3rd party content in Pro...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Madden said:

Mixcraft was my go-to DAW before recently switching to Studio One. Still some things I like better about Mixcraft and I've kept it installed for when I want to jump in and do some quick sketches. 

It is my Garage Band on Windows!

• Like 3

I have always liked this DAW and have kept up with the updates. Sadly I haven't been using it. Not because it isn't a nice package.

Mixcraft users were going back and forth about the dated graphics and GUI awhile back. Mixcraft stepped up and changed the graphics while also adding additional features. It's right up there with the rest of the workhorse DAWS at the prosumer level. Pros probably don't use it. Probably the biggest issue I see which might not really be an issue is the fact that if a person is recording an album and decides to go to another studio this isn't likely something the studio will have. Since I still see it as one of the lesser known DAWS as I believe many do, it isn't as popular.  This is probably why I haven't invested the kind of time it takes to learn it well. I had already racked a lot of time in Cakewalk before I bought it. Like any DAW the most used things to do are easy, when you dig deeper though it requires a time investment *unless* you only do the simple things in it. They include a lot of extras in it. Some of that boils down to free plugins and things that they included because they were free, there is also some good stuff in it.

For the asking price though I still think it's well worth keeping around just in case you feel the urge to play in something else.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 5:14 PM, Philip G Hunt said:

If you want to use ARA (Melodyne) integration in the DAW  then you would need Mixcraft Pro Studio.

• Thanks 1

Would probably be alright if it was stable, which it wasn't the last I tried and heard since. I have zero interest to invest time and energy in learning and using unstable software when better options exist. When the instability seems to persevere through the years it's a clear signal that I should not start building anything complex that depends on their tools.