Softube - Main Black Friday

cclarry

8 minutes ago, Mark Stow said:

I will probably jump on Amp Room. I have been so impressed with their Kerry King Marshall and to get to use a module of that in Amp room will be superb!

I don't  have the Kerry King. I just have the basic one. My opinion on it is, the GUI is very cleverly designed. I like the concept of being able to click on the amp or effects and it becomes a larger view so you can see better what you are doing. I have only used the basic Marshall JCM800  and the 100 Silver on a session I started working on early Nov in AT5 with. So I sort of replicated the same setup in AmpRoom and it sounds totally different to my ears. Still a lot to learn as I have only barely scratched the surface of it. Its worth checking out the manuals.

https://www.softube.com/manuals/amp-room

I have found so far with Softube, its quite CPU heavy, but not that much more than IKM AT5.

Here is what they have say about it.

"Some competing products offer a low-quality mode to preserve CPU. We do not do that, as such a mode would neither live up to Softube's quality standards nor to the quality standards of our partnering companies, such as Doepfer and Intellijel. Softube's reputation for being heads and shoulders above the competition is what convinced our partners to work with us in the first place."

good luck

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

"Some competing products offer a low-quality mode to preserve CPU. We do not do that, as such a mode would neither live up to Softube's quality standards nor to the quality standards of our partnering companies, such as Doepfer and Intellijel. Softube's reputation for being heads and shoulders above the competition is what convinced our partners to work with us in the first place."

Interesting statement. Overloud and Plugin Alliance products barely use any CPU yet still deliver superb processing, second to none, dare I say.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Interesting statement. Overloud and Plugin Alliance products barely use any CPU yet still deliver superb processing, second to none, dare I say.

never tried them. i did check out the funk TRU once.. it was cool. here's the Softube JMC from my stem from the project. i don't think it mattes if i share it as it will probably get chopped up and editing a lot. the producer said, give me Bad Company.. you know Bad Company..? I was like, hell yes, they changed my life man. I feel like making love, oh yeah!! 🙂

Just kidding, i wound up listening to some of their back catalog. He was a good vocalist that Paul Rogers dude.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

never tried them. i did check out the funk TRU once.. it was cool. here's the Softube JMC from my stem from the project. i don't think it mattes if i share it as it will probably get chopped up and editing a lot. the producer said, give me Bad Company.. you know Bad Company..? I was like, hell yes, they changed my life man. I feel like making love, oh yeah!! 🙂

Just kidding, i wound up listening to some of their back catalog. He was a good vocalist that Paul Rogers dude.

Here is a track, using TH-U for all guitar sounds. Not sure about bass, though.

https://disk.yandex.com/d/XQnKKztfM4RMPA

Edited by Soundwise