Softube - Main Black Friday

cclarry

44 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

That’s a crazy good deal.  I’m using Amproom more than just about anything at the moment.  The new cab shaper sounds excellent too but like all Softube stuff, it’s CPU heavy.

Cpu is the only thing that made me skip'amp room ....

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Yeah, it's a drag; I have to render to audio after laying down a couple of tracks. 

Yep i think it's really tailored for guitarist , not producer , while it has the potential for 

Curious to test the speaker thing Jim is talking about but i will when i 'll consider buying it (hate that ilok demo limitations) 

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

I'm not a bass player but you can create a 6x12 or an 8x12 cab (open and closed back) and the speaker diameters go up to 24".  Those sound like bass-type things, right?!

Ah you create speakers basically ? need to watch a walkthrought lol 

On 11/25/2021 at 7:53 PM, Zo said:

By the way when do the sales end ?

Info from the Plugin Boutique deals page:

"deal - Up To 69% off

26 Nov - December 05, 2021

Softube Black Friday (Exclusive)

Save up to 69% off a selection of world-class analogue emulation plugins from industry leaders Softube, available for a limited time only. Prices from €29 / $29."

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2021 at 1:53 PM, Zo said:

Ah you create speakers basically ? need to watch a walkthrought lol 

Yeah, you can build your cab from 1 - 8 speakers, ranging from 8" to 24", a bunch of Celestion models, with onboard tone/sound shaping.  There are SO many combinations/variations.  It reminds me of the ML Sound Lab IR loader a bit but it actually sounds good.😉

Re: Amp Room deal...

• If I have the Line6 Helix plugin - is there a point in picking this up?  So far Helix is my top dog and the one to beat in my collection of amp sims.
  • Is this package usable on it's own or do I need to buy addons modules for it to be really usable.
Edited by TheSteven

9 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Re: Amp Room deal...

• If I have the Line6 Helix plugin - is there a point in picking this up?  So far Helix is my top dog and the one to beat in my collection of amp sims.
  • Is this package usable on it's own or do I need to buy addons modules for it to be really usable.

I've been delving into Helix Native recently and Softube Speaker Shaper is breathing new life into it; not a big fan of the stock cabs and lack of flexibility.  As for Amp Room, it covers a lot of bases - Fender, VOX, Mesa DR, ENGL, Marshall, but not near the number of options as Helix.  For someone who has aged in front of his computer with too many options and knobs, its a great package and the sound quality is excellent.  You can expect similar if not higher CPU usage with Amp Room vs. Helix Native.  That said, I need to take a few days off to get to know Helix better.  It's just such a different user experience than anything else out there whereas AmpRoom is laid out in a simpler signal chain.

Telecode is right - the cleans are superb and when you slap the reverb and delay pedals on the preset, it's right up there with the clean amp of Neural Plini, which I had set as my benchmark for clean guitar.

You could pick up Amproom for a little over $40 right now and it will cover most of the bases the platform supports; the additional Marshall heads are add-ons, as is Speaker Shaper...but I don't regret any of those purchases, especially as I got them on sale (except for Speaker Shaper, which just came out).

• Like 1