Solemn Expressions (a Pop Soundtrack style instrumental)

ramscapri

very, very nice piece....all parts fit together perfectly, percussion, strings, solo instruments....inviting texture kept me listening all the way through....i like the Latin touches as well as moving out of the major key in certain parts 🎶🥁🎻🎧

• Thanks 1

There are so many tracks like this that either don't build as you expect them to or take a (good) riff and milk it for just a little longer than they should. This manages to avoid both of those crimes - every time I found myself anticipating or wanting a change or a variation - this delivered it, but often in an unpredictable way. Not my usual genre but I really enjoyed the listen. Top work.

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought this was really well done.
Sense of space in the mix was very good, top, bottom, left, center and right, excellent panning choices.
Came out really well on my Focals.

We all paint very different pictures... the reverb on the piano start was very good..  but the choir seemed to be in a different space and a little too much verb in my opinion on some things..

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 10:29 PM, Larry T. said:

very, very nice piece....all parts fit together perfectly, percussion, strings, solo instruments....inviting texture kept me listening all the way through....i like the Latin touches as well as moving out of the major key in certain parts 🎶🥁🎻🎧

Thanks Larry for listening and your positive feedback 🙏

On 11/23/2021 at 1:45 AM, AndyB01 said:

There are so many tracks like this that either don't build as you expect them to or take a (good) riff and milk it for just a little longer than they should. This manages to avoid both of those crimes - every time I found myself anticipating or wanting a change or a variation - this delivered it, but often in an unpredictable way. Not my usual genre but I really enjoyed the listen. Top work.

Andy

Thanks for listening Andy and for your generous comments & feedback... glad you enjoyed the track 🙏

On 11/23/2021 at 2:21 AM, garybrun said:

I thought this was really well done.
Sense of space in the mix was very good, top, bottom, left, center and right, excellent panning choices.
Came out really well on my Focals.

We all paint very different pictures... the reverb on the piano start was very good..  but the choir seemed to be in a different space and a little too much verb in my opinion on some things..

Thanks for listening Gary and your positive feedback on the mix 🙏

On 11/23/2021 at 7:57 PM, Wookiee said:

Nice engaging groove which is not forced but felt, nice composition, recording/mix works well here on my Event 20/20's, I like the wanly discord sweet. :) 

Thanks Wookiee for listening and your kind feedback on the recording & mix 🙏