why doesn't sonar 7 connect with coolsoft virtualmidisynth?

live bit

Question

18 answers to this question

I have no experience with coolsoft vms.  But I was curious enough to look it up.  In the intro, it says:

Here we are, VirtualMIDISynth is the answer: an user mode multimedia x86/x64 driver that works on Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (both x86 and x64), implemented as a MIDI Out virtual device.   from: https://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth   [emphasis added]

I did not download it to try as I sometimes do, so I cannot test it, but since it is implemented as a MIDI Out virtual device I am wondering if that's how you have it set up.

13 minutes ago, live bit said:

well thanks for all the wise cracks but I actually like using sonar 7.  that can't be a sin surely. I tried bandlab but didn't like it. I would like to get to the bottom of why sonar 7 will not connect to and use coolsoft vms

Are you including my post in "all the wise cracks?"

45 minutes ago, live bit said:

well thanks for all the wise cracks but I actually like using sonar 7.  that can't be a sin surely. I tried bandlab but didn't like it. I would like to get to the bottom of why sonar 7 will not connect to and use coolsoft vms

Good luck sorting it out but Version 7 is like 12+ years old now and no longer being supported.  If you didn't like CbB maybe give Mixcraft 9 a spin. Free demo and now on sale for the Holidays. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 5:23 PM, bitman said:

The greater question is: Why are you using Sonar 7?

Cakewalk by Bandlab is free and great.

Install it. Your old 7 will still work, so you have nothing to loose.

I tried CbB but found no way to import or use my *.cwp files