Jump to content
cclarry

AKAI Black Friday Sale

Recommended Posts

He used to play sax in my fried's funk band. 

 

I have the Yamaha WX5

Edited by Kamikaze
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fleer said:

Would have loved a WX at the time. Pity they don’t make them anymore. 

Yeah, I don't get it. Expressive midi devises are more popular than ever, lots of software and sample libraries responds to breath controllers by default. 

 

I don't know why Yamaha dropped out of the game. The new Akai I think is the nicest shape they've done, but I still prefer the look and levers of the Yamaha. A USB version seems like a now brainer right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Yeah, I don't get it. Expressive midi devises are more popular than ever, lots of software and sample libraries responds to breath controllers by default. 

 

I don't know why Yamaha dropped out of the game. The new Akai I think is the nicest shape they've done, but I still prefer the look and levers of the Yamaha. A USB version seems like a now brainer right now. 

They did launch a new digital saxophone though:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a former brass player, but have family members that are excellent woodwind players. I have always been fascinated by the development of MIDI wind controllers.

The woodwinds always intimidated me due to the multiple keys. I thought that 3 valves was enough, LOL! 🤣

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, abacab said:

I am a former brass player, but have family members that are excellent woodwind players. I have always been fascinated by the development of MIDI wind controllers.

The woodwinds always intimidated me due to the multiple keys. I thought that 3 valves was enough, LOL! 🤣

Same logic here , i don't understand why basses have more than 2 strings , it's no more basses then .... lol

Edited by Zo
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Zo said:

Same logic here , i don't understand why basses have more than 2 strings , it's no more basses then .... lol

I've  never been a guitar player, but I do own a Fender P-Bass. 4 strings is plenty, and 2 would be just fine! 🤣

Funny thing, is that I don't have any issues with 88 keys, or whatever... it's the same 12 notes repeated octave after octave...

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abacab said:

I've  never been a guitar player, but I do own a Fender P-Bass. 4 strings is plenty, and 2 would be just fine! 🤣

Funny thing, is that I don't have any issues with 88 keys, or whatever... it's the same 12 notes repeated octave after octave...

That's why i have a 25 keyz and a 37 only lol .... i just strugglle for keyswitch and split multis lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zo said:

That's why i have a 25 keyz and a 37 only lol .... i just strugglle for keyswitch and split multis lol 

Please don’t get anything smaller than 61 keys or you’ll miss all the beauty of key switches without switching octaves :)

ive made this mistake too many times

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fleer said:

They did launch a new digital saxophone though:

 

Ahh, I didn't know about that. Look cool. If they just made a controller only version.

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be honest, have you ever been tempted to put on a Kenny g style wig when playing these controllers ? I totally would Hahah

Edited by kevin H
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kevin H said:

Please don’t get anything smaller than 61 keys or you’ll miss all the beauty of key switches without switching octaves :)

ive made this mistake too many times

yep , i simply programm them , the fun is gone then but for now a big keyboard is a no go in lmy set up , i can stand a keyboard on side off axes !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A great thing about the Akai EWI Solo is that you can reconfigure the position of the lower hardware switches to your liking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2021 at 10:37 AM, Fleer said:

Would have loved a WX at the time. Pity they don’t make them anymore. 

It seems outside of their oganic instruments Yamaha is king of doorstops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2021 at 10:07 AM, Fleer said:

Just got their EWI Solo. 
Nice little instrument. 

 

Tempting.  As a wind player I feel it's almost sacrilegious.  To me it's like buying White Castle hamburgers in the frozen food section. I could see this for using as an oboe. At least your lungs would not feel like they are going to explode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here. I’m a flute player (flautist). Luckily this also works with flute fingering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kevin H said:

Please don’t get anything smaller than 61 keys or you’ll miss all the beauty of key switches without switching octaves :)

ive made this mistake too many times

That's why I now have 25, 32, 49, and 61 keys... :)

The 25 keys fits very nicely in front of my main PC display near my PC keyboard & mouse. I also have a keyboard stand with the 61 keys and a 2nd PC display set at a 90 degrees right angle to the left of the main workstation (maybe that would make it a left angle). The 32 and 49 are backups now, ready if a need another, but no space for a permanent starting position for them in my current setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...