AKAI Black Friday Sale

cclarry

17 hours ago, abacab said:

I am a former brass player, but have family members that are excellent woodwind players. I have always been fascinated by the development of MIDI wind controllers.

The woodwinds always intimidated me due to the multiple keys. I thought that 3 valves was enough, LOL! 🤣

Woodwinds are easier since they are laid out diatonically where brass uses a harmoic series.

52 minutes ago, abacab said:

That's why I now have 25, 32, 49, and 61 keys... :)

The 25 keys fits very nicely in front of my main PC display near my PC keyboard & mouse. I also have a keyboard stand with the 61 keys and a 2nd PC display set at a 90 degrees right angle to the left of the main workstation (maybe that would make it a left angle). The 32 and 49 are backups now, ready if a need another, but no space for a permanent starting position for them in my current setup.

I changed from my backup 25 key to an M32 which gave me more komplete Kontrol knobs. But I still have another set of 25,61,88 controllers sitting against a wall like trophies hahah   I did set them all up once and connected each to their own vst to play an epic show one night with audience of one plus couple pets hahah.  I totally felt I was in an 80 rock band with a huge stack of keyboards. I may or may not have turned on a fan for effect hahah

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2021 at 3:23 AM, abacab said:

I'm not sure I follow that. Did you mean "chromatic" rather than "harmonic"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatonic_and_chromatic

They are kind of both. They Diatonic are to one key, with all the intervals available to be chromatic. But they get a bit crazy as you go up the octave. I'm not sure I'd call them easier though. 

Edited by Kamikaze