AKAI Black Friday Sale

cclarry

7 hours ago, Fleer said:

Would have loved a WX at the time. Pity they don’t make them anymore. 

Yeah, I don't get it. Expressive midi devises are more popular than ever, lots of software and sample libraries responds to breath controllers by default. 

I don't know why Yamaha dropped out of the game. The new Akai I think is the nicest shape they've done, but I still prefer the look and levers of the Yamaha. A USB version seems like a now brainer right now. 

15 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Yeah, I don't get it. Expressive midi devises are more popular than ever, lots of software and sample libraries responds to breath controllers by default. 

I don't know why Yamaha dropped out of the game. The new Akai I think is the nicest shape they've done, but I still prefer the look and levers of the Yamaha. A USB version seems like a now brainer right now. 

They did launch a new digital saxophone though:

• Like 1

I am a former brass player, but have family members that are excellent woodwind players. I have always been fascinated by the development of MIDI wind controllers.

The woodwinds always intimidated me due to the multiple keys. I thought that 3 valves was enough, LOL! 🤣

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, abacab said:

I am a former brass player, but have family members that are excellent woodwind players. I have always been fascinated by the development of MIDI wind controllers.

The woodwinds always intimidated me due to the multiple keys. I thought that 3 valves was enough, LOL! 🤣

Same logic here , i don't understand why basses have more than 2 strings , it's no more basses then .... lol

Edited by Zo
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Zo said:

Same logic here , i don't understand why basses have more than 2 strings , it's no more basses then .... lol

I've  never been a guitar player, but I do own a Fender P-Bass. 4 strings is plenty, and 2 would be just fine! 🤣

Funny thing, is that I don't have any issues with 88 keys, or whatever... it's the same 12 notes repeated octave after octave...

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I've  never been a guitar player, but I do own a Fender P-Bass. 4 strings is plenty, and 2 would be just fine! 🤣

Funny thing, is that I don't have any issues with 88 keys, or whatever... it's the same 12 notes repeated octave after octave...

That's why i have a 25 keyz and a 37 only lol .... i just strugglle for keyswitch and split multis lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zo said:

That's why i have a 25 keyz and a 37 only lol .... i just strugglle for keyswitch and split multis lol 

Please don’t get anything smaller than 61 keys or you’ll miss all the beauty of key switches without switching octaves :)

ive made this mistake too many times

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kevin H said:

Please don’t get anything smaller than 61 keys or you’ll miss all the beauty of key switches without switching octaves :)

yep , i simply programm them , the fun is gone then but for now a big keyboard is a no go in lmy set up , i can stand a keyboard on side off axes !!

On 11/21/2021 at 10:07 AM, Fleer said:

Just got their EWI Solo. 
Nice little instrument. 

Tempting.  As a wind player I feel it's almost sacrilegious.  To me it's like buying White Castle hamburgers in the frozen food section. I could see this for using as an oboe. At least your lungs would not feel like they are going to explode.

15 hours ago, kevin H said:

That's why I now have 25, 32, 49, and 61 keys... :)

The 25 keys fits very nicely in front of my main PC display near my PC keyboard & mouse. I also have a keyboard stand with the 61 keys and a 2nd PC display set at a 90 degrees right angle to the left of the main workstation (maybe that would make it a left angle). The 32 and 49 are backups now, ready if a need another, but no space for a permanent starting position for them in my current setup.