What is in a title?

Wookiee

All sounds used based on provided presets but obviously when one has knobs one must play.
The toys used in this were;
Roland JD-800 & D-50
Korg Prophecy
Arturia Prophet 5 V
Superior Drummer 3, Rooms of Hansa, Meisteraal Room, Preset "One"
Swamp Ash Stratocaster, through NI's GR 5 and Arturia's Flanger BL-20
Composed, record and Mixed in Cakewalk by Bandlab using mainly stock plugins except for Boz Digitals +10dB Compressor on drums and bass voices.

Thank you for listening I hope you enjoy, aftertouch is fun.

• Like 3

Given my struggles with synths and MIDI I have no idea what those things are that you list (except for the Strat and Superior Drummer).  However, I do appreciate what you do with them and the way that you can weave sounds into images.  Love those little icicle sounds panned left.

Very nice indeed!

• Thanks 1

excellent work....enjoyed the chimes, very nice touch, don't hear them very often....only audio i might change is the Strat that starts around 1:30 being a bit too loud, and, maybe bring it down some throughout the piece....being a guitarist myself one of the most honest things i have learned in mixing is to turn the guitar down and/or off totally as certain parts of a piece require 🎵🪐🚀🎹

• Thanks 1

Great panning effects - that strat sound certainly cuts through the mix so maybe could be dropped a shade, but that's on cans (Sony MDR-7506) so it might be right on speakers. Love the little runs and arpeggios that punctuate the piece - impressive chops for someone with paws - I enjoyed the listen.

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2021 at 8:30 PM, freddy j said:

Given my struggles with synths and MIDI I have no idea what those things are that you list (except for the Strat and Superior Drummer).  However, I do appreciate what you do with them and the way that you can weave sounds into images.  Love those little icicle sounds panned left.

Very nice indeed!

Thanks Freddy I appreciate your ears and comments thank you. 

On 11/21/2021 at 9:04 PM, garybrun said:

Very nice mate listening on my Focals.

We all paint different pictures......Would a little more bottom end help?

Thanks, it's interesting you should mention the bass. Some time ago I got a free copy of iZotope's Ozone essentials & thought I would give it a spin. 

Shows I should have trusted my own furry ears in the first place 😎.

I do appreciate your input and ears.

8 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Thanks, it's interesting you should mention the bass. Some time ago I got a free copy of iZotope's Ozone essentials & thought I would give it a spin. 

Shows I should have trusted my own furry ears in the first place 😎.

I do appreciate your input and ears.

Everybody hears differently.
Jo Meek once said..  "If it sounds good it is good"
I'm glad you hear the same.

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2021 at 4:46 PM, Larry T. said:

excellent work....enjoyed the chimes, very nice touch, don't hear them very often....only audio i might change is the Strat that starts around 1:30 being a bit too loud, and, maybe bring it down some throughout the piece....being a guitarist myself one of the most honest things i have learned in mixing is to turn the guitar down and/or off totally as certain parts of a piece require 🎵🪐🚀🎹

Thanks for your input I did have it lower at one point but it felt like it disappeared into the mix to much.

Again thanks for your ears and time.